New GTX 970, DSR question.

Daniel Koch

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
Just looking for some experienced input on gaming at different resolutions. I just upgrade to a GTX 970, and its great. I want to force 1360x768 when I game on my living room TV, as its 720p, and the desktop is easier to view from 10 ft away. My tv accepts 1080 input, and just downscales. Even though I have the in game resolutions set to 1360x768, when I launch the games (Skyrim, DAI) the output is 1920x1080. Is this just DSR? My GTX 650 Ti did not do this. I'd rather not endure the 3 second or more period while my TV switches resolutions and just keep the output at the native 1360x768 while in my Living Room mode. Can I tell the card to use DSR and output to 1360x768? I think the TV reports that it accepts 1080p signals, so the card is automatically downscaling to 1080p rather than 720p which desirable.

Solution
I believe you might be able to set up a profile to switch back and forth between the two displays. I have AMD GPU and it's pretty easy to set up a profile and a key combination to switch from my monitor to my TV with the resolutions I want. I don't know how easy/hard it is for Nvidia to do with their software.

rpenri

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
I believe you might be able to set up a profile to switch back and forth between the two displays. I have AMD GPU and it's pretty easy to set up a profile and a key combination to switch from my monitor to my TV with the resolutions I want. I don't know how easy/hard it is for Nvidia to do with their software.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS