[SOLVED] New hard drive having problems reading files, copying and pasting

caliskier

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2012
I had a hard drive that I was using as a DVR drive that was having issues playing back videos. Videos will play for a few minutes and then freeze, after two minutes they will restart again where they left off, First in slow motion with good sound then rapid movement until it normalizes the video. I ran crystal disc info with that drive and was told it was a bad drive. I replaced it with a new drive, crystal disc info says that drive is good, but I still have the issue with playback and copying and pasting. Copying and pasting is extremely slow. I copied one hour long show from this drive to the c drive to test it, the file took forever to copy over to my C Drive. It would move along quickly then stop to zero for about two or three minutes, then quickly and stop to zero for a couple minutes. Took about 10 minutes to copy the file over, it should’ve taken about 30 seconds. Video runs fine from the C Drive.
Here is my build.

System:
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Version 1909
MSI Motherboard - Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition (MS7968)
Processor Intel Cor i5-6600K 3.5Ghz
Ram: 16.0 GB DDR
Onboard Graphics, no card
Drive the OS is on: 256GB Samsung 950 SCSI Solid State Disk Drive
DVR Storage is a 4TB Western Digital Purple Drive (Specialized for security camera recording)
There is another RAID drive set for data
Power Supply: EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ Bronze 750W, Semi Modular
Temp is 36 for cpu and 40 for the system

CrystalDiskInfo says my drives are all good

Could this be a problem with the motherboard or the SATA cable?