New hard drive installed for media server, keep getting different blue screens when watching from it on the computer

TheBasementNerd

Reputable
May 26, 2015
I use Plex media server for all my anime/movies/tvshows and I watch these on the same computer the server is running on. I got a 2TB from a friend that he wasn't using anymore so I'd have more space, and loaded it all onto there. Now, almost every time I'm watching something from the hard drive, it blue screens my desktop with different errors, so far being IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and a few others, that after looking up, all seem to relate to new hardware or driver changes. The KMODE specifically mentioned NTFS.sys so I'm definitely thinking this is related to that new drive. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I'm not sure what drivers to try changing or fixing to improve it

Solution
It turns out that the problem was more actively related to my recent install of Windows 10. However I realize that it is not actually Windows 10 or the hard drive that's a problem, it's the fact that Windows 10 was interacting badly with the fact that I had two different sets of RAM installed in my computer, one clocked at 1600 megahertz and the other clocked at 1333 megahertz. Once I took out one of the sets everything, including my games I kept crashing, was working again

TheBasementNerd

Reputable
May 26, 2015
It turns out that the problem was more actively related to my recent install of Windows 10. However I realize that it is not actually Windows 10 or the hard drive that's a problem, it's the fact that Windows 10 was interacting badly with the fact that I had two different sets of RAM installed in my computer, one clocked at 1600 megahertz and the other clocked at 1333 megahertz. Once I took out one of the sets everything, including my games I kept crashing, was working again

Solution