New Hard Drive, Local DISK C OLD FILES

chasingtherich

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
So I recently built a new rig, and well, I installed my new OS onto an SSD. The only issue is, my old hard drive used to be my C drive... all of my files are still there and I'm heavily grateful for that... but, On that old hard drive I also had a MASS of Adobe programs and projects... I've tried to open them... but I simply can't simply because it's pointing indirectly as if it were still the C drive while it's now the F drive... :/ Is there anyway for me to change the name of my bootup drive? so that my old hard drive could be named the C drive just so I could sort this issue out? :/

Solution
Yes, just reinstall the software and then run CCleaner. You can also safely manually remove the old files and folders, but will need something like CCleaner to remove any old registry entries.
You will need to re-install the software, the registry keys and other changes are not in the new Windows install, products like adobe and other will not function without them, often in those registry keys are often the serial codes for the software, in addition to many other software related functions.

Meatfish

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Yes, just reinstall the software and then run CCleaner. You can also safely manually remove the old files and folders, but will need something like CCleaner to remove any old registry entries.

Solution