New Hard Drive or throw out

lalong1

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
I have an older Toshiba L755 and recently I received the BSOD. I only use it for word processing, some age of empires and not much else. The Disk Drive is MK5065GSXN, 500GB. Should I throw out the laptop and buy a new one or buy a new drive?

Solution
bosd can be damaged files or hardware issue. start with pulling the battery and power make sure your ram on the bottom of the laptop is locked in. run memtest86 from a bootable usb stick make sure your ram is fine. the next is download hdtune read the drive smart info and post it here. also run vendor test tools on the drive make sure it fine. also use hardware info check that your cpu temps are fine and the cpu paste still good.
bosd can be damaged files or hardware issue. start with pulling the battery and power make sure your ram on the bottom of the laptop is locked in. run memtest86 from a bootable usb stick make sure your ram is fine. the next is download hdtune read the drive smart info and post it here. also run vendor test tools on the drive make sure it fine. also use hardware info check that your cpu temps are fine and the cpu paste still good.

Solution