New Hard Drive Where is my space?

xTheNewGuyx

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
So I just made a pc and I couldn't install windows 7 on it. I sent it in to a shop to get it installed and they said there was a problem with the HD and it took them overnight to do something about it and now it's working. It's have a 2 TB hard drive. When I right click start > open windows explorer, under Computer Local Disk C it says I have 204 GB free out of 232 GB and I see so other drive things listed near it. So I'm wondering where is the rest of my space and how do I use it?

Thanx in advance~

Go into disk management and check there to see if there are any other drives listed but just not partitined or assigned a drive letter. If there are no other drives then see what it says about the drive that is listed. You may have to open up your computer and remove the hard drive to see if it's the one you gave them to install.

On a side note there is a contest here at Tomsharware that they are giving away a SSD for prizes , you can enter here;

http://blazonapp.com/bestofmedia--llc/samsung-ssd-giveaway/2059?r=2059-0fTYlloet2

xTheNewGuyx

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
computer just crashed and went back to bios and asking for boot device or stuck at windows loading screen. gonna try to get a refund. seems like they knew it was faulty and tried to setup windows anyways to make money. not even 1hour on it and it dies out.