New harddrive wont work. HELP Please!!!!

Zomb1e

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
I bought a seagate 1tb expansion external hard drive to use with my xbox and i had read the reviews for it for months before getting it. Specifically read a lot of the reviews for it working on xbox one. Anyways, i finally get it and lo and behold, when i plug it into my xbox, my xbox just wont connect to the internet. the NAT type says its unavailable and will occasionally say open but i still wont be able to do anything. Ive tried everything i can to fix itm at least everything to my knowledge and ive looked online but i cant seem to find anything about this problem. I really dont want to go through the hassle of returning it. Please Help!!! Thank you.

Solution
Welcome to the TH community, @Zomb1e!

The best thing you can do is check how the external HDD appears on your computer. You should also try to re-format the drive from Disk Management in Windows and then attempt to plug it back in your Xbox console to see how it will get recognized. You mentioned that you have tried a lot of things to resolve the issue, could you care to share the steps you have undertaken so far?
I'd also suggest you check this thread and see if there's anything you haven't tried already.
IF the issue with the HDD persists on the computer as well, you should definitely consider contacting the reseller's customer support for assistance.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to the TH community, @Zomb1e!

The best thing you can do is check how the external HDD appears on your computer. You should also try to re-format the drive from Disk Management in Windows and then attempt to plug it back in your Xbox console to see how it will get recognized. You mentioned that you have tried a lot of things to resolve the issue, could you care to share the steps you have undertaken so far?
I'd also suggest you check this thread and see if there's anything you haven't tried already.
IF the issue with the HDD persists on the computer as well, you should definitely consider contacting the reseller's customer support for assistance.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

Zomb1e

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

Hey,

I tried to plug it in to different usb ports as thats what i read i should do as well as resetting the wifi router and hard resetting the xbox. i didnt however think to plug it into my laptop to see how it works there so thank you i will try that..

TRENDING THREADS