New hardive issue

Aug 8, 2018
Hello i am having issues with my new hardrive.
I recently bought a kingwin ezdock and have a seagate 3tb sata desktop hardrive to use with it.
When i plug the kingwin into the compters usb port the ez dock shows up in my hardware managment aswell as devices and printers. I even get a driver letter on my devices and drives on my computer.
Once i plug in my new hardrive into the ezdock the driver letter disappears.
When i go to disk managment to try and format the new hardrive it does not show up at all. But if i check my device manager and expand disk drives the kingwin shows up.
If i check the properties of the kingwin and go to properties then volumes i have a option that says populate. When i populate it shows my new hardrive but thats as far as i can see the drive anywhere on the computer.
So the hardrive is working and shows up in my device manager but for some reason i can not see it anywhere else and am unable to format it.
Anyone have any help they can offer for me to get my disk drive to work?
Thanks

Aug 8, 2018
@ seagate_surfer. That I do not know but am assuming it will read and allow me to format the normal way. This was the only other solution I had. But did not want to have to use this method if I did not have to since I was hoping I could do it all from the dock o bought.
If you have suggestions as to why it is not visible by the disk manager but is visible thru the hardware manager when populate that might help come up with another solution.
Thanks

Aug 8, 2018
@seagate_surfer for all intensive purposes the drive is working and drivers are installed.
This is a brand new hardrive right out of the box and the dock has updates drivers.

Maybe someone else can chime in or another suggestion to a solution can be made.
Thanks