Question New hardware issues + pc no longer has an os and new one won't install

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

So I'll start from the beggining I recently bought some new parts for my pc a new cpu new gpu and new Aio. I updated my bios to latest version and this went great pc booted fine and then I even tested by shutting down and rebooting again everything was great. After this I then started to strip my pc gave everything a good clean and installed all the new hardware etc this is were the issues started. So this post doesnt turn into an essay I'll list the issues.

1. Cpu debug led was showing pc wouldn't boot after some tickering and checking this went away.
2.PC would start flash through CPU Debug then VGA debug and then stick on BOOT Debug after some checking and tickering found that changing uefi to csm allowed it to boot.
  1. Now I'm in Windows everything seems fine but things aren't programs are installing fine. Removed nvidia drivers and then installed amd drivers etc but then icue wouldn't work.
  2. Now icue is erroring and I remembered that it was installed on a hdd that I removed from the system. So I reinstalled it however bios and Windows aren't detecting it tried new cabled to no avail.
  3. At this point I'm reading that's it reccomenede to reinstall windows after switching hardware etc so...
  4. Create boot able media on USB format FAT32 everything goes okay process finished.
  5. Reboot computer tell it to boot USB so I can start reinstalion and format the drive.
  6. No here we are windows will not install on either drive one throws error disk has mbr partion on efi systems windows can only be installed on gpt this is strange since this was the drive windows was on before.
  7. Second drive error 0x80300024 can't install on choose location.
  8. Now I've tried several suggestions online around these errors to no avail
  9. Another point is the sencond drive is the only drive we're ick next isn't greyed out on the other drive it is
  10. Another point is the second drive formated however the first drive will not error 0x8004242 d

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Yes installation media is from ms and bios is latest version listed for my board on msi website.

System spec
MSI X470 GP
RYZEN 7 5800X
16 GB CORSAIR VENG PRO 3000MHz
SAPPHIRE 6800XT
EVGA 850W G2
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M. 2
SAMSUNG 870 EVO SSD
COOLERMASTER ML 360R AIO

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

latest motherboard bios? latest installation media from ms website?
So from what I can gather I need to convert my drive from mbr to gpt this is why its throwing an error. Looks like I can use something called EaseUS Partition Master to do by creating a boot able disk so I will try this after I get home from work. If this doesn't work short of taking the drive to a shop I don't know what else to do.