New hardware, need advice

Tor Eivind

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Hi!

Just bought myself an upgrade package for my gaming PC.

I'm changing out my current MOBO (MSI B150 Gaming M3) with MSI Z370-A Pro, changing my CPU (Intel i5-6500) with Intel i7-8700K and changing current GPU (MSI GTX 960) to MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti ARMOR 8G.

What I am afraid of is that I might not have decent cooling for my new CPU. What I use at the moment is a Cooler Master TX3 Evo. Do you think this cooler will be sufficient enough to keep my new CPU cool enough? My case in general is has good airflow and has good cooling. I mostly play WoW and Fortnite, and my current CPU temps on WoW goes to 32C or 89F max.

Solution
Your CPU cooler should handle the 8700k at stock speeds, but I dont know if I would overclock with it. It only has 3 heat pipes and a 92mm fan. Since you have done a really big upgrade to your rig, I would spend a little more on the CPU cooler. The Cryorig H5 is around $50 and it is a nice cooler to pair with your 8700k.

Your CPU cooler should handle the 8700k at stock speeds, but I dont know if I would overclock with it. It only has 3 heat pipes and a 92mm fan. Since you have done a really big upgrade to your rig, I would spend a little more on the CPU cooler. The Cryorig H5 is around $50 and it is a nice cooler to pair with your 8700k.

Solution