[SOLVED] New hardware on Windows 8.1

belveder

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I am on Windows 10 but want to go back to Windows 8.1. Problems is that my hardware is newish.
I get 8.1 installed without any troubles but when it is finished and I look in device manager I am missing bluetooth, wifi and pci express drivers. Have been looking around everywhere but I can't find them, is there any sort of work around or something so that I can use these.
Any help appreciated

CPU - I5 9400F
Mobo - MSI MPG Z390 gaming edge AC
Memory - G Skill Trident Z Royal 32GB
Graphics - Geforce GTX 1660
Windows HD - 250 GB SSD

Solution
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I saw what MSI says, but that can be taken as a way as enforcing people to use Windows 10. I have every other driver working great on 8.1 so i thought there might be a chance or workaround.

I have been using 10 for a while and never liked it

New hardware, needs new software!
Insisting on using an old OS will lead to future issues, even if you’ll find a way to solve the mentioned driver issues.
That’s just the direction that Microsoft is going to.
Windows 10 runs well.
If you don’t like the look of Win10, you could still install a theme pack to change it.

Or go Linux...

belveder

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I saw what MSI says, but that can be taken as a way as enforcing people to use Windows 10. I have every other driver working great on 8.1 so i thought there might be a chance or workaround.

Last edited:

Endre

Reputable

New hardware, needs new software!
Insisting on using an old OS will lead to future issues, even if you’ll find a way to solve the mentioned driver issues.
That’s just the direction that Microsoft is going to.
Windows 10 runs well.
If you don’t like the look of Win10, you could still install a theme pack to change it.

Or go Linux...

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution

What's not to like? It's well-sorted now with regular version updates, biggest improvement was getting rid of that god-awful tiled desktop. I held out against having Windows 10 for several years, but now I'm using it I don't know why I didn't upgrade earlier.

Reactions: Endre
D

Deleted member 2720853

10 is just fine. 8.1 is a significant downgrade, and don't get me started on 7. I must be blessed by Microsoft to never have any issues with 10...

Reactions: Endre