[SOLVED] New HDD with some slow sectors

May 6, 2020
I bought new HDD (ironwolf 2TB) and use erase test in HDDScan. Found quite a bit of slow sectors (<500ms) as shown below.

< 5ms -- 3635606
< 10ms -- 172418
< 20ms -- 6314
< 20ms -- 332
< 150ms -- 653
< 500ms -- 136

Is this normal or should i return the product. Thanks in advance.

Solution
That's a brand new hdd. Thing about brand new drives is they haven't had enough time to log errors yet, so you may just have to use the drive a while before you have another look into the smart values. It's the 05, BB, C6 and C7 that you should look for (all ok when they're at zero).
That's a brand new hdd. Thing about brand new drives is they haven't had enough time to log errors yet, so you may just have to use the drive a while before you have another look into the smart values. It's the 05, BB, C6 and C7 that you should look for (all ok when they're at zero).

Reactions: nuthasir
Solution
May 6, 2020

Thanks again. I keep my eyes on what you suggest. You could not have been more helpful. I really appreciate it.