[SOLVED] New headset audio problems, possible ground loop?

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Hi, i recently bought the BENGOO G9000 Stereo Gaming Headset and I've had lots of problems with it. It came with an adapter for the mic and the speakers. If i plug both the mic and speakers in the front panel or back panel, the mic gives off a bad noise almost like a distorted echo whenever i speak into it, but the sound from the speakers seems fine when i play a game. If I try to plug the mic and speakers in 2 seperate places like the mic in the back panel and the speakers to my monitor or keyboard, i get the distorted echo from the mic as well as a weird buzzing noise whenever i play a game (the buzzing noise seems to change whenever i move the camera around in the game). Is this buzzing while I play the game indicating that I have a problem with my power supply? I have an Corsair TX850w PSU.

Last edited:
Hi, i recently bought the BENGOO G9000 Stereo Gaming Headset and I've had lots of problems with it. It came with an adapter for the mic and the speakers and when I connect both to the front of back panel together, i get really weird ghost echo noise after i use the mic, but when i connect the mic (using an extension cable) to the front/back panel and the speakers to the monitor/keyboard, the mic sounds fine, but there is a bad buzzing noise while gaming. Is this buzzing while I play the game indicating that I have a problem with my power supply? The buzzing sound changes whenever i turn my camera and look around in game. I have an Corsair TX850w PSU.

You need to edit your OP so it makes sense.

I connect both to the front of back panel together
to the front/back panel and the speakers to the monitor/keyboard

Ground loops aren't uncommon, but first you need to make sure your PC is plugged into a grounded outlet.

If it is, you need to see what else is plugged into the same circuit that can introduce noise into the circuit.

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
You need to edit your OP so it makes sense.

Ground loops aren't uncommon, but first you need to make sure your PC is plugged into a grounded outlet.

If it is, you need to see what else is plugged into the same circuit that can introduce noise into the circuit.

Sorry let me try to clarify, plugging the speakers and mic in the front panel doesn't give a buzzing noise while playing a game, but the mic gives off a bad noise almost like a distorted echo whenever i speak into it. If I try to plug the mic and speakers in 2 seperate places like the mic in the back panel and the speakers to my monitor or keyboard , i get the distorted echo from the mic along with the buzzing while playing a game. There is no way for me to check if my outlet is grounded since i don't have a multimeter nor can I switch outlets at the moment. I removed all other devices connected to my power strip besides my pc and it didn't make a difference.

Last edited:

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Hi, i recently bought the BENGOO G9000 Stereo Gaming Headset and I've had lots of problems with it. It came with an adapter for the mic and the speakers. If i plug both the mic and speakers in the front panel or back panel, the mic gives off a bad noise almost like a distorted echo whenever i speak into it, but the sound from the speakers seems fine when i play a game.

If I try to plug the mic and speakers in 2 seperate places like the mic in the back panel and the speakers to my monitor or keyboard, i get the distorted echo from the mic as well as a weird buzzing noise coming through my headset whenever i play a game (the buzzing noise seems to change whenever i move the camera around in the game). Is this buzzing while I play the game indicating that I could have a problem with my power supply?

Specs:
Corsair TX850W PSU
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard
i7 8700k no OC
EVGA gtx 1080TI SC2
16gb DDR4 Corsair ram
Corsair h70 water cooler

Last edited: