[SOLVED] New heart icon in taskbar by clock?

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I have Windows 11 with all updates. A little bit ago I noticed a little heart with a pulse line icon in the taskbar, by the clock (need to expand for the other icons). No name pops up when I hold my cursor over it. When I click on it, it opens a web page for MSN Health.
Has anyone else seen this? Do you know how to get rid of it?

Solution
I have Windows 11 with all updates. A little bit ago I noticed a little heart with a pulse line icon in the taskbar, by the clock (need to expand for the other icons). No name pops up when I hold my cursor over it. When I click on it, it opens a web page for MSN Health.

I literally JUST had this issue. I found out it is Adware called Tone. Nothing picked it up either. Found it in = C:\users\me\AppData\Roaming\Tone. I had to disable it from startup apps menu and "ended the process" in task manager. Then I was able to delete it and that resolved it for me.

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click taskbar
choose taskbar settings
choose taskbar overflow
is that icon showing there at all? it should have a description next to it at very least in the listing - it doesn't let you remove them but identifying what it is, is a step in that direction.

try running malwarebytes and see if you have any malware - it would be odd malware to take you to MSN though.

Feb 4, 2022

I literally JUST had this issue. I found out it is Adware called Tone. Nothing picked it up either. Found it in = C:\users\me\AppData\Roaming\Tone. I had to disable it from startup apps menu and "ended the process" in task manager. Then I was able to delete it and that resolved it for me.

Reactions: mac_angel
Solution

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008

That is probably it. I know exactly where it came from now. An app I downloaded and even specifically scanned it a couple of times to check because I just had a feeling about it. And as you said, nothing picked it up. There's been a couple of times in the past, a couple of years back, that I got nailed with Adware that nothing picks up before hand, or even during installing. I even went through 'Programs' to see if anything was installed, and Start-Up to see if anything was there, either. Nothing.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Something even more funny!!! Right under this email about people responding, I have another email that I just opened from the Windows Insider Program, saying they have a new icon for it. "Introducing the new icon for the Windows Insider Program..."
It's not the heart though. Funny coincidence though, lol.

Apr 18, 2022
Win 10 here. My iobit advanced systemcare 15 caught tone trying to get on my startup. Caught bloom trying couple days ago. It keeps getting caught. Hadn't had much time to deal with it, but happened to be free when it attempted again.
Only by the search of the two together was this post found. Figured I'd used this site enough to sign up n let y'all know something scanned them. (Awesome, all of you, btw. Feel proud folks.)

HarmoneY