[SOLVED] new here< frist pc build please share some brain power ha

Oct 27, 2020
recently finished my pc build with minor problems i thing..
red dragon rx-580 8gb
amd ryzen 5 3600
g skills 2x8gb 3200
650w pws
asus prime b550-a wifi

everything so far works great. except my audio and wifi dont seem to be working. i cannot either find the setting that is twitched off or im just really confused
like i said im learning
ive been a mechanic for 8 years so building the pc wasnt the hard part for me
please and thanks

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Have you installed the drivers? You'd find them on ASUS' support page:

Oct 27, 2020
yes i have made sure everything was updated

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
yes i have made sure everything was updated

For the Wifi, is it simply disabled in Windows?
You should be able to select the network icon from the taskbar & have an option to turn on/off.
1.png

Similar potential with audio.... are you selecting the correct output device, potentially via the dropdown?
2.png

Are you using the rear audio jacks, or from the case? If from the case, did you install the HDAudio connector from the case to the motherboard?

Oct 27, 2020
You should be able to select the network icon from the taskbar & have an option to turn on/off.
1.png

Similar potential with audio.... are you selecting the correct output device, potentially via the dropdown?
2.png

Are you using the rear audio jacks, or from the case? If from the case, did you install the HDAudio connector from the case to the motherboard?
i tried checking those 2 things but i dont even have any of those options for some reason
i accidently had 32bit windows downloaded but i fixed that and re downloaded 64bit and nothing has changed
and help could be greatly appreciated
also i can install team viewer if need be thanks

Oct 27, 2020
1.png

2.png

yes i did connect from the case however im using hdmi off my graphics card if that make a difference

TRENDING THREADS