Question new here i have a HP ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor PC what low profile graphic card can i use on it

Aug 14, 2020
I have just got a HP ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor PC.
I need a graphic card for it
I was thinking about the Zotac Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 Low Profile but i don t if i would fit.
does anyone know what graphics fit in it

Oct 8, 2020
See https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06388056#AbT4 for the G5 at least (which is what I have). It lists the following cards:
AMD Radeon RX 550X 4 GB, FH, 2 DisplayPort (DP) and HDMI​
AMD Radeon R7 430 2 GB, DisplayPort (DP) and VGA​
AMD Radeon R7 430 2 GB, 2 DisplayPort (DP)​
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2 GB DisplayPort (DP) and DVI​
Yours is at https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...orm-factor-pc/5387447/document/c03846648#AbT2 I suspect. That one lists:
AMD Radeon HD 7650A​
NVIDIA NVS 310​
NVIDIA GeForce GT630​
NVIDIA NVS 315 1GB PCIe x 16​
AMD Radeon HD 8350 1GB PCie x16 DH​
AMD Radeon HD 8490 1GB PCie x16​
The problem in the G5. which may exist in the G1, is they put the PCIE v3 x16 slot to the outer edge near the power supply. 99% of the GPU cards seem to have the heat sink risers and fans on inner side so the card in the x16 slot has to be single slot wide. So a double whammy of the SFF (low height) AND single card slot width. If you can find a <100W, single slot card like above OR one with the sink/fan on the other side, then you are good to go. Assuming you do not need the PCIE v3 x4 connector for anything. I was hoping to use the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti but everyone one I find has the fan / heat sink on the interior side of the card slot. Double slot but stacked on the wrong side. Guess this is why these cases are not geared for any kind of gaming or other big GPU need. Too bad because I have the i9-9900 CPU in it.

I had found this nice list but all are double-slot. . The 1650 listed there has a nice link to all the vendors on Amazon with a model using that chip. One by PNY has a single slot bracket but the heat sink / fan still takes up the adjoining slot. One possible shown on Amazon is using an VisionTek AMD RX650 and appears to be single slot They do not give detailed specs though. Does have 4GB which is unusual for the power. Indicates that although only 70W that you must connect to a 350W power supply. That is 50-100% more than provided in these cases. They have many single slot cards; but all seem focused at commercial multi-monitor displays like for flights at an airport or restaurant menus. Cards are 4 to 6 DP mini connectors. Never heard of this vendor, but an RX 550 by Yeston is there. Again, 4GB and this time only 40W. Does not indicate an SFF bracket but maybe can create it from the existing full-height one by dropping the VGA dongle. (Can you tell I am looking also .. more for an accelerator for computation than a display driver. Wish I could get the 1050i in this case.)

Last edited:
The problem in the G5. which may exist in the G1, is they put the PCIE v3 x16 slot to the outer edge near the power supply.
The PCIE x16 slot is the top slot so a dual slot low profile card fits fine.

Evolto
I've installed a GTX 1650 low profile in an Prodesk 600 G1, but I never did extensive testing to see if it will actually work fully without crashing. I've only tested Minecraft for about 5 minutes. You could get a GTX 1650 and the worst that will happen is you have to return it because it doesn't work properly. Otherwise, get a GT 1030 GDDR5 version instead as your safest and fastest option that fits the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: SurplusGadgets