Question New High-Eend PC Gittering

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Hi All

Hope yall are doing well

I'm no rookie when it comes to building PC's or troubleshooting issues with PC's but this one has me stumped. I've search on here for similiar issues (There are alot of threads) and I've tried several of remedies that are listed below, but none seem to resolve the issue, so here's to hoping that someone might be able to assist :)

So I recently build a new PC, everything was running fine until 2-3 weeks ago, all games started expericing a gittter, I orginally though it might be my ISP, but done agressive testing and it dosen't seem to be the issue, while also replacing the router.

My Issue is when gaming in league of legends or fortnite ( Don't really play many games anymore), I experince extreme gittering randomly and its graduely getting worse and worse (Have a video of it)

My PC Specs are the following, All base specs, NO Overclocking has been done to any of the parts :

OS: WIndows 11 (Oh I know, What a pile of c**p) - Freshly installed.
CPU: Intel i7 13700K
CPU Cooler: iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z790-E
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory
PSU: Corsair RMx Series™ RM850x
GPU: PNY GEFORCE RTXTM 4070Ti 12GB XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X
Storage 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB

Things I've tried:
Uninstall ALL other software (Back to bare OS)
Uninstalled Graphics Drivers(Safe Mode with DDU)
Update/reinstalled Graphics Drivers
Update BIOS Drivers to latest version
Uninstall sound drivers
Disable Sound drivers that not in use.
Lower GPU Voltage
Disable V-sync
Ran Memory test (All OK)
Lowered RAM to 5400MHz

UserBench Stats

Next step
Use an SSD I have with windows 10 and test its not the compents or possible drivers issues?

Anyone any more suggestions or know of any known issues that I might not be aware of? Or recommednations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2947362

just make sure the very top front case fan is only running on low speed because it it effect the the draw and effectiveness of the Pull air fan blades mounted to the radiator, same can happen with the graphics card from the middle and bottom front case fans they can end up running hotter due to the way the air is moving in the case with the side panel on. you have to find the perfect ballence for your system

D

Deleted member 2947362

Will do, I have all my pumps and fans on full, with no CPU Throttling at the moment, game is on max graphics, very minior jitter.

Please do correct me if i'm wrong here, But i'm limitting my FPS to 144 as I only have 144hz monitor, I would expect jitter is I was going above this in FPS as the monitor wouldn't keep up??
screen tearing if monitor can't keep up
If you use vsync it will restrict the card and card will run cooler because it wont need to pull so much power if it can easy go past the the vsync settings of say 60hz/144hz etc

Reactions: MicroCutter

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
screen tearing if monitor can't keep up
If you use vsync it will restrict the card and card will run cooler because it wont need to pull so much power if it can easy go past the the vsync settings of say 60hz/144hz etc
Ok, On some good news, I just played a 45 minute game, with my pump and fans all running on extreme (except the top ones as you mentioned), and reduced my FPS cap to 144, I got no jittering, No lags, and my CPU throttling never left 0.

So I might try reduce the fan speeds, see if the throttling comes back due to over heating and then it would hopefully tell me the root cause.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Ok, On some good news, I just played a 45 minute game, with my pump and fans all running on extreme (except the top ones as you mentioned), and reduced my FPS cap to 144, I got no jittering, No lags, and my CPU throttling never left 0.

So I might try reduce the fan speeds, see if the throttling comes back due to over heating and then it would hopefully tell me the root cause.
It was I can tell you that now and congrat's on resolving the issue.

Yaeee loud cheers, drums, trumpets, strippers, i mean streamers from the sky etc.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Handy bit of software that Aida64 easy to workout/understand and easy to use worth every penny if you ever decide to buy it.

Mind you I wouldn't trust/use the software's built-in links to things like BIOS updates or drivers ect

I clicked on one and it got redirected to a dodgy site but luckily my anti-virus blocked it I did send them an e-mail asking wtf is going on? but never heard anything back.

I think the version I downloaded was from Aida64's server or it might have been techpowerup's server either way something need to be checked there this was about a month or so ago though

But I should imagine they fixed the Issue by now after all I did email them

But then again I don't know for sure because I haven't used it since.

Last edited by a moderator: