Aug 19, 2020
Hi everyone

I'm new in the forum, so first of all I hope I'm posting on the right place

My current PC is about 10 year, with and OC i7 2600K + 24GB DDR4 + GTX970

I works perfectly the most of the time, but when I go for some hard rendering, is not enough.

So I'm looking for a new custom PC, I'll build it by myself, and I'm thinking about the components. The idea is built it at the end of the year

The budget is from 2000€ to a maximum of 4000€. And the use will be 100% architecture, AutoCAD, all the Adobe suite, and rhino+vray. Since the most demanding use is vray, I want to focus on the best option for vray

I'm a bit lost trying to find the balance between CPU-GPU and price/performance

I was thinking on this 3 options

View: https://i.imgur.com/4QXq39u.png

I don't know if it makes any sense to get a high end CPU and a high end GPU since I'm going to use only one for rendering, the question is, where worths it more to spend the money? CPU or GPU?
Would it be a good idea to go even for a 3990x and a basic GPU? Or maybe a 3900x and a 2080Ti/Quadro?

Any recomendations?

Aug 19, 2020
I'll try to wait for the zen 3 and new GPUs, but I'm also trying to get a base model idea to figure out the best option

For Vray, I can render with CPU or GPU, so theoretically I can select just one to invest the most of the money

I've been doing some tests with my current computer, with the GTX970 the same render can take up to half the time than the i7 2600k

But the comparison is not fair since the processor is much older

The question is where I will get the best performance per money spent, for example, what's the difference in performance between a 2080 Super and a 2950x, since both are the same price