[SOLVED] New high end gaming laptop blue screen and very poor performance. What is happening?

Daniel_Yenake

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
Hello, I have just bought a gaming laptop (ASUS TUF FX505DT) this week, and I installed Windows 10 on it.
It looked like the drivers got installed automatically for graphics (geforce 431 drivers) and sound (Realtek and some DTS Headphone:X stuff)
I thought this is very cool while using youtube it keep giving me this blue screen with the error
THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER
So i just checked the drivers and I installed the latest nvidia driver (geforce 441), the problem persisted and I still got bluescreen, and i saw on internet i need to install AMD drivers for integrated graphics. I uninstalled the geforce, and i installed the AMD 19.11.2 drivers for Vega 10 graphics card, and the problem was still there, after that I installed back the geforce 441 drivers alongside the AMD drivers and i still keep getting THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER randomly and i get it often.
I Installed GTA V, and basically i just get around 10 fps even on lowest settings, wth is happening because everyone told me my laptop should run anygame. I didnt have laptop before and also no computer with both integrated and dedicated GPU.
Here are the specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU with Vega 10 integrated graphics
nVidia GTX 1650 GPU
8GB of RAM
Windows 10 64bit
512Gb SSD.

Daniel_Yenake

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
Hello, I have just bought a gaming laptop (ASUS TUF FX505DT) this week, and I installed Windows 10 on it.
It looked like the drivers got installed automatically for graphics (geforce 431 drivers) and sound (Realtek and some DTS Headphone:X stuff)
I thought this is very cool while using youtube it keep giving me this blue screen with the error
THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER
So i just checked the drivers and I installed the latest nvidia driver (geforce 441), the problem persisted and I still got bluescreen, and i saw on internet i need to install AMD drivers for integrated graphics. I uninstalled the geforce, and i installed the AMD 19.11.2 drivers for Vega 10 graphics card, and the problem was still there, after that I installed back the geforce 441 drivers alongside the AMD drivers and i still keep getting THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER randomly and i get it often.
I Installed GTA V, and basically i just get around 10 fps even on lowest settings, wth is happening because everyone told me my laptop should run anygame. I didnt have laptop before and also no computer with both integrated and dedicated GPU.
Here are the specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU with Vega 10 integrated graphics
nVidia GTX 1650 GPU
8GB of RAM
Windows 10 64bit
512Gb SSD.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
In DISM error 87 is incorrectly typed commands. Try retyping the following commands and please take note of the spaces in between them.

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
X should be changed to the mounted drive.

Of the three commands which gave the Error?

Daniel_Yenake

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
I fixed the blue screen by Updating the BIOS, but still the performance in games is low. I tried to use older drivers from nvidia and no change. Ive set up nvidia battery plan to Maximize, and Windows Power Plan to High Performance and it changes nothing. Ive installed Watch_Dogs 2 and i get 20-30 fps on low, oddly more than GTA V but still lower than anyone else benchmarks. (GTA V still runs around 15fps). I`ve thought about returning it, but i wont get another one if i do so.

I gave you trophy, because it fixed the bluescreens, but im still looking forward to get help.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Watchdogs2 sounds about right, it won't matter what settings you have @ 10
I fixed the blue screen by Updating the BIOS, but still the performance in games is low. I tried to use older drivers from nvidia and no change. Ive set up nvidia battery plan to Maximize, and Windows Power Plan to High Performance and it changes nothing. Ive installed Watch_Dogs 2 and i get 20-30 fps on low, oddly more than GTA V but still lower than anyone else benchmarks. (GTA V still runs around 15fps). I`ve thought about returning it, but i wont get another one if i do so.

I gave you trophy, because it fixed the bluescreens, but im still looking forward to get help.

Could you possibly be running then IGPU instead of the 1650? Those FPS results are more in line with that.

I

Daniel_Yenake

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
Well, i`ve also tried GRID Autosport since i have written the reply, the game runs fine, on Ultra I get 40 fps (but i expected better than that) and on low i get a bit over 60fps. As far as i know, i choosed the nVidia graphics card in Watch_Dogs 2, but there is no setting in GTA V for choosing graphics. I checked task manager and looks like the nVidia GPU gets active during gameplay with 100% use, i also get 100% CPU use while i play.