[SOLVED] New high end pc, 10-150 fps in Valorant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2021
So, my friend JUST bought this premade pc a day ago. While setting everything up in windows and installing some games, we ran into a problem in Valorant. Somehow his FPS go from 150 to 20, whenever he moves or looks it drops insanely low. When i checked task manager it said ''Power usage very high''.

We have tested Apex Legends on MAX settings, he reached an average of 200 fps.

Is this a Valorant problem or what? I changed his Nvidia settings, his power plan management but nothing changes it or fixes it.

16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Intel Core i7-10700K processor, 8 cores/16 threads
GeForce RTX 3070, 8 GB VRAM
650 Watt 80+ power supply
Z490 Gaming motherboard

Colif

Win 11 Master
its probably vanguard blocking half the programs on your friends PC.
That game is a virus, or should I say, its anti cheat is.

I don't know why people play it. It breaks PC just to make sure no one cheats. Who owns the PC? You or the game?

how hot is PC getting?
What Make/model PSU?

don't worry about the power usage, its a desktop. you can ignore those columns, they more for laptops where it matters.

Mar 20, 2021
its probably vanguard blocking half the programs on your friends PC.
That game is a virus, or should I say, its anti cheat is.

I don't know why people play it. It breaks PC just to make sure no one cheats. Who owns the PC? You or the game?

how hot is PC getting?
What Make/model PSU?

don't worry about the power usage, its a desktop. you can ignore those columns, they more for laptops where it matters.

So we checked the pc tempature on multiple games and it stays around 30-40 degrees. Even in Valorant. Also another weird thing, the game starts with 200 fps, doesnt drop for 1 minute, after that it goes down to 20 or 9 or 100 and then its a complete mess, unplayable.

Can it be a firewall issue? Why is it only this game?

I have no idea which model it is.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

obviously you will need to leave Vanguard active or the game won't work, but try stopping everything else at startup and see if it makes any difference.

Mar 20, 2021
We tried a clean boot, this time the fps did go all the way up to 600. Stayed there for a minute again and then went all over the place again... 50-100 fps and it just doesnt stay stable or go up. It must be on Valorant at this point right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Love to know what PSU it is.

Not sure if its the game or his PC.

can friend download HWINFO - https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
when he runs it, tick box next to sensors only and click Run
in the next window, click on the icon next to the clock that says "logging start" when he hovers over it
this opens file explorer, allowing him to name a log file that he will remember
run game and record sensors
Output can be read in excel or Google Docs
upload it to a file sharing website if you want me to look at it. It records too much info but it might show us something to explain drops.

here are some suggestions, don't download anything - https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/valorant-fps-drops-solved/ - as website wants you to download driver easy and I wouldn't, as 3rd party driver updaters can make things worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS