System

GPU - GeForce RTX 2070
Motherboard - Ausu ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
CPU - Intel i9-9900K
RAM - Corsair 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz
PSU - Corsair 750 W 80 PLUS Gold
CPU Fan - Noctua NH-D15 Premium CPU Cooler
Monitors – 2x ASUS MG279Q

Hi, having trouble running a stable system with new higher end components, even when trading out a part.

The CPU is running at 4.8GHz.

The GPU (originally slightly overclocked) started crashing less than two weeks after purchase across multiple games. Began failing MSI Kombustor and the Video Card Stability Test (lots of artifacts), even when not overclocked.

I replaced GPU with my older AMD Radeon 390x, replaced drivers, and it’s running at 70c under normal use, but occasionally colour lines appear across both monitors, freezing PC (or at least the monitor view) and forcing me to restart. Very likely to happen with most games (e.g. Civ VI), never happens with games like Hearthstone.

Different stability tests like RealBench have come out okay. CPU temp peaked at 80c. This 390x GPU passes Video Card Stability Test (zero artifacts).

My first thought was a GPU issue, but if I’m still experiencing issues, seems less likely, or that there are multiple issues. Crashes can happen in heavy non-game use (lots of chrome tabs). My last crash was a few minutes after a final GPU stress test, not during. The goal is to run system with the RTX 2070 stable.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS