New home built computer, No splash screen

fycdawg

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Hi guys, ive had a relatively new homebuilt computer ( ~2 months or so) And it's been running great, however i have some underlying questions.

1. I'm not getting any splash screen for my mobo. (GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3) It just goes straight in loading Windows from what i can tell. So If i ever need to enter the BIOS, i have to go through Msconfig, because i don't know the button to click to enter my bios.

2. Another problem related to problem number one is that im noticing that my keyboard ( Logitech G15) takes a while to "power on" after i turn on my computer, so even if i was able to enter the BIOS by clicking whatever my button is,

3. One last unrelated question, which products can i register? From what i can tell the only thing i could register was my Video card.

Thanks guys!

Solution
you hit Delete to enter bios
all of your usb peripherals will power on in time for you to hit that delete button.
i am assuming you didn't build the computer yourself so the one who did disabled boot up logo.
In short, there is nothing wrong with your computer. Personally i hate the boot up logo since i like to see what the bios is booting up in case something goes wrong.

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
you hit Delete to enter bios
all of your usb peripherals will power on in time for you to hit that delete button.
i am assuming you didn't build the computer yourself so the one who did disabled boot up logo.
In short, there is nothing wrong with your computer. Personally i hate the boot up logo since i like to see what the bios is booting up in case something goes wrong.

Solution

fycdawg

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
I did build it myself, which is why i found it weird that i haven't seen the gigabyte splash screen.

Your right it is annoying though. Thanks for the info!