[SOLVED] New homebuilt PC shows no display

Sep 8, 2021
Hello, I built my new PC with help from a friend who has some experience doing so, but as the title says, there's no display.
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B365M-A, S-1151, Intel B365, HDMI, 64GB DDR4, mATX
RAM: DDR4 8GB 2666MHz Crucial DIMM, Unbuffered, 1.2V
SSD: SSD Crucial 480GB BX500 3D SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5", Reading 540 MB/s, Writing 500 MB/s
CPU fan: Aerocool Mirage 5, ARGB, TDP until 150W, Socket Intel, AMD
Power Supply: EVGA 460 BP, Non-Modular, 460W, Certified 80+ Plus Bronze
Case: Gamer Sharkoon RGB Slider, ATX/Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX
I have no GPU yet, but my friend tells me it should work with the integrated graphics.

We checked if it was a monitor problem by connecting the PC to a TV, but there was no display either.
We removed and re-inserted the RAM (and checked the manual to make sure it was in the right slot).
We cleared de CMOS by removing the battery, waiting a bit, and putting it again.
We checked again if the motherboard and CPU were compatible and it says they are; in the shop where I bought the mobo it said it was ready to use for Gen 9.

The motherboard has an orange blinking light, I couldn't find anything about it on the manual and the internet says it's just for aesthetics.

Any feedback would be appreciated since I really don't know much and building for the first time is a little bit overwhelming.
PS: Sorry for any errors, English isn't my native language.

popatim

Titan
Check the processor box and make sure you don't have the 9600KF which doesn't have built in graphics please.
How are you connecting the pc to the monitor and the tv?
Which monitor is it?

Here is your manual for the motherboard.

Sep 8, 2021
Check the processor box and make sure you don't have the 9600KF which doesn't have built in graphics please.
How are you connecting the pc to the monitor and the tv?
Which monitor is it?

Here is your manual for the motherboard.

The processor says "9600K", with no F in it.
I connected the PC to both the monitor and TV via HDMI. Should I try with something else?
The monitor is: Monitor LG 22" 22MN430H-B Panel IPS Full HD, HDMI, VGA, AMD FreeSync™

Sep 9, 2021
Hello, I built my new PC with help from a friend who has some experience doing so, but as the title says, there's no display.
SSD: SSD Crucial 480GB BX500 3D SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5", Reading 540 MB/s, Writing 500 MB/s
I have no GPU yet, but my friend tells me it should work with the integrated graphics.

We checked if it was a monitor problem by connecting the PC to a TV, but there was no display either.
We removed and re-inserted the RAM (and checked the manual to make sure it was in the right slot).
We cleared de CMOS by removing the battery, waiting a bit, and putting it again.
We checked again if the motherboard and CPU were compatible and it says they are; in the shop where I bought the mobo it said it was ready to use for Gen 9.

The motherboard has an orange blinking light, I couldn't find anything about it on the manual and the internet says it's just for aesthetics.

Any feedback would be appreciated since I really don't know much and building for the first time is a little bit overwhelming.
unless it was an i9-9600KF (F = no integrated graphics, or F in the chat), you should have on board graphics, so you shouldn't need a gpu to run it, but to give an idea, going from the graphics in my i7-8700 to my gtx 1080 by changing the plug tripled my fps, so while you will have graphics, I would highly suggest buying a gpu (3080 is apparently a decent deal at MSRP, but good luck with that), anyway, congratulations

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020

Does the PC shut down when turned on sometimes? Has It happened a single time?

I would recommend borrowing a GPU and testing.

Sep 9, 2021

try plugging the monitor to another pc to see if it's the monitor, then just keep testing individual parts until you nail it down

Sep 8, 2021
Does the PC shut down when turned on sometimes? Has It happened a single time?

I would recommend borrowing a GPU and testing.

It has never shut down, it's on with the fans working properly and the keyboard lights up as well (so the inputs from the motherboard seem to work), it just doesn't display. To answer the "has it happened a single time", it happens every time I have turned the PC on.

I will try and see if I can borrow a GPU, but it might be hard to do so, I'll probably be able to buy my own only next month :(.

Sep 8, 2021
try plugging the monitor into another pc to see if it's the monitor, then just keep testing individual parts until you nail it down
I do not own another monitor, but I tried plugging it into a TV and there was no display either. I tried the RAM and cleared the CMOS. I recently tried plugging it with a VGA instead of HDMI, but there was no display either.
Should I just try to remove and put again every single connection?

Sep 9, 2021
I do not own another monitor, but I tried plugging it into a TV and there was no display either. I tried the RAM and cleared the CMOS. I recently tried plugging it with a VGA instead of HDMI, but there was no display either.
Should I just try to remove and put again every single connection?
then it's almost certainly the PC

ig take it to a friend's house and one by one try swapping the parts until it boots, but first see if his pc boots the monitor, just to be certain (also remember if you have already tried everything it could be a combination of two or more parts

Sep 8, 2021
then it's almost certainly the PC

ig take it to a friend's house and one by one try swapping the parts until it boots, but first see if his pc boots the monitor, just to be certain (also remember if you have already tried everything it could be a combination of two or more parts
I don't have a way to swap parts to test them, so I might search for a tech service in my city so they can check if I can't solve it with what I have available.

Thank you for the recommendation and help!

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020

Post a photo of the inside of the PC, so that we can check the connections. (Post to imgur.com and send)

Sep 8, 2021
I took it to a tech service and the guy said some front panel connections were the problem. I'm not sure what he did, the light in the outside of the case doesn't light up anymore but I prefer it displaying rather than having lights. Someday I'll fix that up, but for now the problem is solved. Thank you everybody that tried to help!

In case anyone finds this post in the future, here's what I've learned out of this experience and what I would go through in order:
-Make sure your CPU and motherboard are compatible.
-If you're sure your motherboard connections are right, be sure your case connections are good to go too!
-Make sure it isn't a monitor problem by trying it in another one (or a TV).
-Make sure it isn't a HDMI or VGA problem.
-Check that your RAM is in the right slot as stated in your motherboard manual.
-Remove and put your RAM again.
-Clear the CMOS.

Thank you and good luck!

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I took it to a tech service and the guy said some front panel connections were the problem. I'm not sure what he did, the light in the outside of the case doesn't light up anymore but I prefer it displaying rather than having lights. Someday I'll fix that up, but for now the problem is solved. Thank you everybody that tried to help!

In case anyone finds this post in the future, here's what I've learned out of this experience and what I would go through in order:
-Make sure your CPU and motherboard are compatible.
-If you're sure your motherboard connections are right, be sure your case connections are good to go too!
-Make sure it isn't a monitor problem by trying it in another one (or a TV).
-Make sure it isn't a HDMI or VGA problem.
-Check that your RAM is in the right slot as stated in your motherboard manual.
-Remove and put your RAM again.
-Clear the CMOS.

Thank you and good luck!
You Wired The Front Panel Connections Wrong, Then, Or Maybe The LED Got A Problem.

You Have To Wire The Front Panel Connections According To The Motherboard Manual.