Question New Hp Laptop battery and gpu issue?

Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone , i got this Hp laptop like 5 days ago https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06039397 and even though Hp says the battery can last up to 10 hours with mixed usage mine lasts at best 3-3,5 hours on power saver.Also the laptop is supposed to have integraded gpu (vega 3) and dedicated AMD Radeon™ 535 Graphics 2 GB GDDR5 but on device manager i only see vega 3 and i don't see an option on BIOS to change between them as well, i tried different drivers but nothing changed.I don't know if these things are normal this is first laptop i buy , should i return it to get a replacement?

Lutfij

Titan
First and foremost, are you on the exact same SKU/unit that you've linked? Might be wise to pass on a picture of the sticker under you laptop. You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending on the laptop. You can also try and use CPU-Z to see what GPU's you've got onboard that laptop.

That being said, under controlled environments, those numbers you speak of can be emulated. As long as you've got all the necessary drivers, that the OS isn't corrupt and you're not having too many apps in the background, the laptop will be close to the advertised time for battery life. Key word here is, advertised.

Mar 6, 2019
I'm pretty sure its the exact same SKU/unit , as for the BIOS update i have never done it before and i'm afraid i will ruin the laptop.Also i did a clean install of windows and i have almost nothing running on the background and all drivers are up to date so thats not a problem on the battery side.About the gpu i installed amd system monitor and cpu-z and both of them show only one gpu.Does that mean that i don't have a second gpu or that it's not working at all?