New HTC Vive VR Controller Prototype Showcased At Valve Steam Dev Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
VR controllers highlights, oh yeah reminds me of media coverage of the wii mote and we all know how garbage those games turned out to be
no difference here, pass and pass.....

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

There are tremendous differences between Vive controllers and Wii motes. The most obvious being over a decade of innovation between the two.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

because people are equating them as not better than Wii motes without ever bothering to try it out.

VR will have a slow adoption curve. Guess what else had slow consumer adoption and was very costly, to begin with: TVs, game consoles, personal computers, laptops, the internet, smartphones, and practically every other new technology that has ever been introduced.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Is this a piece about Vive or Oculus? The author starts out diving right into Oculus news. Tom's is in love with Facebook/Oculus junk.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Not sure how you can equate that.
Our top pick for VR system is the Vive and we've put up far more coverage about Vive games than Rift games.

Rift was brought up because the Touch controllers were big news just a week ago. Now Valve is firing back. It's all relevant.

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012

And here I am actually liking the wii remote.

Last I checked the wii mote was great in many games, though there were obviously some pretty poor implementations.

SockPuppet

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
The Touch controllers DO NOT have any sort of finger tracking. None. Zip.

The trigger and the thumbstick are capacitive and know when you have your finger on the button or not. That's it. It's NOT "tracking" anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.