[SOLVED] New i1Display Pro with software installed, works in DisplayCal, but not seen by default program or Asus software ?

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Title says it all. I even used an program called Update Manager to look for a driver update for the i1Display Pro, and there wasn't one.

I also used the device manager to try to update the driver.

I did follow the directions to the letter, and the "reconnect" option with follow-up instructions. All except contacting support, which would be hard at 11:30pm new years eve. :)

Why is this working in DisplayCal but nowhere else???

Thanks,

DM

Solution
OK!

There aren't many things more embarrassing than solving your own questions. lol :)

I'm just posting this as I figured it might help someone in the future.

It seems that, unlike my old Spyder5 (RIPish) the i1Display Pro doesn't play well with others. I had no issue using other display calibration software with DisplayCal installed, but for whatever reason, the i1D Pro wasn't having any of it. I had to completely uninstall DisplayCal, manually remove the Argyll driver from the device manager, and click the box to uninstall the software, or the Argyll driver just took over again, even if you install the i1D Pro software with the Argyll driver uninstalled, but not "removed."

Argyll just replaces it if you don't remove it...

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
OK!

There aren't many things more embarrassing than solving your own questions. lol :)

I'm just posting this as I figured it might help someone in the future.

It seems that, unlike my old Spyder5 (RIPish) the i1Display Pro doesn't play well with others. I had no issue using other display calibration software with DisplayCal installed, but for whatever reason, the i1D Pro wasn't having any of it. I had to completely uninstall DisplayCal, manually remove the Argyll driver from the device manager, and click the box to uninstall the software, or the Argyll driver just took over again, even if you install the i1D Pro software with the Argyll driver uninstalled, but not "removed."

Argyll just replaces it if you don't remove it completely.

DM (Wondering if he can pick his own reply as the correct answer... Edit: Yes I can! lol)

Solution