new i7 build - windows 10 lagging and freezing / unfreezing

yemmyow

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
So I just built a new PC rig, and here are the specs.
- i7 6700k 4.0 GHz 4 core processor - Temp = 36, 37, 46, 45, 45 degrees celcius
- 16GB DDR4 3200mhz ram
- Nvidia Geforce 1060 3GB
- Gigabyte ZA170x gaming 5 motherboard
- 128GB SSD for OS & drivers
- 1TB HDD for all other software and files
- motherboard temp - 27 degrees, 34 degrees & 48 degrees celcius

So my new PC should be pretty good and it is for a day or so and then the computer will start to lag tremendously, especially when playing the game Overwatch. When I click an item on the menu of the game, the game would freeze entirely for a little then if i ctrl + alt + delete, the program will unfreeze for a bit. Also at random moments when there are explosions in the gameplay, the game will freeze for about 2-3 seconds then unfreeze.

But it's not just in the game. It also lags when I click the windows start button. It will sometimes show the start menu immediately like it should, and sometimes it takes a few seconds to show. Anyways, I thought that this was all happening because I was using a cracked version of windows 10 pro, but this time I reformatted, reinstalled and decided to not activate and see if it would solve the issue. Well, I'm here again ... lol :(

It's a brand new computer and it should not be doing this kind of stuff. I have a dell precision 7510 workstation laptop with an I7 and that out performs my desktop in terms of noticeable speed. But that could be due to the fact that all the programs are installed on an SSD on the laptop. The lag happens are really random times and freezes the program/app on the computer for around 1-5 seconds.

Any help or tips on this issue will be greatly appreciated! But here's what I did so far and haven't found success.
- Disabled all unnecessary startup items from msconfig & choose selective startup checked hide Microsoft services and disabled all others
- Monitored all CPU core temperatures and they seem to be a bit different- right now it shows 37, 50, 36, 35, 50 degrees Celsius.
- re seated memory sticks.

yemmyow

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Yeah i have most of my software programs no windows essential, installed onto the 2.5" HDD. I'm just confused because this happens like 24-48 hours after I reformatted. The PC was working GREAT and as it should until this morning and I'm just confused and don't think it's a hardware issue. I don't think that there's a fix to this because I did completely delete the SSD contents, reformatted and keep getting the same problem.

yemmyow

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017

Thanks for your help so far. I really appreciate it. I did want to reiterate that my OS / windows 10 is installed on my SSD. It's a newly formatted drive so the install of windows was fresh. I did the windows repair and reinstalled windows and that seemed to fix the issues. However, when I reformatted and reinstalled windows the past 3 times it was fine for a day or so then the performance started lagging, freezing, couldn't even open up the start menu & tons of spinning blue circles on just the file explorer open.