Question New Intall on SSD with no OS

Big D

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

I have an ASUS prime Z-590 A MB, 64 Bit Raam, Intel CoreTM i-7-10700 Cpu @3.GHz. My boot drive developed a physical defect and won't boot. I cannot find my original disk
I purchased an new OEM WIN 10 disk. I purchased a new Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 SSD. on another OLD laptop I download media and seagate disk wizard on a USB stick.

I installed the SSD. I sucessfully got past the product key on my new computer.

it then comes up with a window it can't find any drivers. I search the seagate disk wizard off the USAB stick, but no joy. I can't open the seagate wizare as I have no OS yet.,

That can or should to?

I don't think you had to buy that new Windows.

Not sure why you'd want to use Seagate Disk Wizard when you are trying to install Windows on a new Samsung SSD.

Standard procedure would be to try to install Windows from a USB flash drive installer you make using Microsoft "Media Creation Tool".

Unless I am misunderstanding your situation.

USAFRet

Titan
I have an ASUS prime Z-590 A MB, 64 Bit Raam, Intel CoreTM i-7-10700 Cpu @3.GHz. My boot drive developed a physical defect and won't boot. I cannot find my original disk
I purchased an new OEM WIN 10 disk. I purchased a new Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 SSD. on another OLD laptop I download media and seagate disk wizard on a USB stick.

it then comes up with a window it can't find any drivers. I search the seagate disk wizard off the USAB stick, but no joy. I can't open the seagate wizare as I have no OS yet.,

That can or should to?
1. The Seagate thing has nothing to do with your new Samsung SSD.
2. You did not have to purchase anything except the new drive. You could have created an install USB, using your other system, for $0.

Create that now, and disregard whatever "OEM" thing you bought.

Big D

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
My previous hard dive would not let me get past my sign in, I co uldn't get on the internet. My rescue disk wouldnot work, giving me a popup that my hard drive hsd physcial defects. I couldn't open any application. I couldn't fin d my original disk, though I keep them.

I got the SSD and installed it.

I am stuck. Using media creator on a USB, I get past the product key, but they can't find any drivers for the SSD., What to do?

My previous hard dive would not let me get past my sign in, I co uldn't get on the internet. My rescue disk wouldnot work, giving me a popup that my hard drive hsd physcial defects. I couldn't open any application. I couldn't fin d my original disk, though I keep them.

I got the SSD and installed it.

I am stuck. Using media creator on a USB, I get past the product key, but they can't find any drivers for the SSD., What to do?

Describe in precise detail or post a screen shot of the whatever you see on screen when you cannot go any farther. I cannot recall the Windows installer having any problems about SSD drivers.

Big D

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Describe in precise detail or post a screen shot of the whatever you see on screen when you cannot go any farther. I cannot recall the Windows installer having any problems about SSD drivers.

Make sure BIOS settings are properly set for installing windows on NVME drive.
Make sure SATA controller is set to AHCI (not Intel RST).
It may be necessary to enable CSM.
Disable secure boot.
Disable fast boot.

Big D

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Let me start again. ok. * I put my old HD In with new Win 10 OS. I got past the product key (BTW the scratch off area for the key is a pain). I can get to the main screen,but it took nearly 3 minutes. When I try to open a browser, it takes about a minute.

I did a chkdsk = took 5.5 hours It reveals I have damaged sectors that could not be repairs.

I stlll cannot access my new SSD and it is not recognizer. It is a awkward slow computer.I will have research about the SSD.

In the mean time, if I intall a HD (older 1TB, should I install it from the Windows 10 disk I have been try in install on the new SSD?

Thanks RDG

In what way is your new SSD not recognized?

What makes you think so?

If you are trying to install Windows to this new SSD, there is no reason for any other hard drive to even be in the same room.

Still unclear what is going on.

Reactions: Richj444

Big D

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
In what way is your new SSD not recognized?

What makes you think so?
When I first tried he SSD, I have NO HD in comuter. I got the window to install the drivers, but none could be found.

If you are trying to install Windows to this new SSD, there is no reason for any other hard drive to even be in the same room.

Still unclear what is going on.
I am quoting from the initial post.

I purchased an new OEM WIN 10 disk. I purchased a new Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 SSD. on another OLD laptop I download media creation and seagate disk wizard on a USB stick.

it then comes up with a window it can't find any drivers.

I put my original damaged HD in with he new Win 10 os (let copy was able to use fhe new product key and got to the opening screen. It takes 3+ min start up. Sometimes different browsers tale 2 tp 5 min to open and often freeze. I did a CHKDSK found defective sectors which cannot be repaired.

My new SD is not recognized.

I need to get my computer up and running. My question -- have older HD which was NOT a boot drive. Should I install it and use the new Win10 OS and try to install it

will have to figure out SSD later?
\
Thanks rdg

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022
When I first tried he SSD, I have NO HD in comuter. I got the window to install the drivers, but none could be found.

I am quoting from the initial post.

I purchased an new OEM WIN 10 disk. I purchased a new Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 SSD. on another OLD laptop I download media creation and seagate disk wizard on a USB stick.

it then comes up with a window it can't find any drivers.

I put my original damaged HD in with he new Win 10 os (let copy was able to use fhe new product key and got to the opening screen. It takes 3+ min start up. Sometimes different browsers tale 2 tp 5 min to open and often freeze. I did a CHKDSK found defective sectors which cannot be repaired.

My new SD is not recognized.

I need to get my computer up and running. My question -- have older HD which was NOT a boot drive. Should I install it and use the new Win10 OS and try to install it

will have to figure out SSD later?
\
Thanks rdg
At this point, sure. Install it to the older HD that was not a boot drive. If it's successful, great, you're in business and can possibly clone it to the new SSD at a later date.