[SOLVED] New Intel660p cant migrate ?

Apr 16, 2020
Just got my new Intel 660p, and it can't migrate to my pc. (Asus Strix Z370-e Gaming, WIN10)

For some reason it wont migrate/show as an storage device.

Ive tried installing from both intels own app and from device manager.

Hopefully there is some tech wizards out there that can help.

Best Regards

Solution
I suggest doing a UEFI Windows 10 install with the (Compatibility Support Module) disabled.

Doing legacy Windows 10 installs, trying to migrate SATA drives to NVMe drives usually end up with a lot of mistakes and a faulty OS installation.
Is the disk listed in Device Manager, when you are trying to install it from there?

If it is visible in Device Manager, the disk is recognized by the system.

Have you opened Disk Management, and seen if the drive is listed there? It shouldl be, if it is visible in Device Manager.

If you can see it in Disk Management, you most likely just have to initialize, partiton and format the drive, and it should be ready to use

(these steps + assigning a drive letter, are performed in Disk Management and only takes a few minutes - unless you choose full format, in which case it will be a bit longer depending of the disk size and type)

Last edited:
I suggest doing a UEFI Windows 10 install with the (Compatibility Support Module) disabled.

Doing legacy Windows 10 installs, trying to migrate SATA drives to NVMe drives usually end up with a lot of mistakes and a faulty OS installation.

Solution
I apologize - It looks like I completely misunderstood the question.

The way I read it, was as if the drive was supposed to be used as additional storage.

I was a bit confused about the migrate part, but I was thinking of cloning if moving the OS was the goal.

So I hate to admit that I didn't make the connection to installing / cloning the OS.

And since both Device Manager, storage device and Intel software was mentioned, I made the wrong connection in my mind.

Sorry for not answering the actual question, I'll make sure to read the question extra carefully next time I'm not completely sure. I hope I didn't cause too much confusion.

I hope a solution to the problem has been found in the meantime

Last edited: