New iPhone 4 8GB Now $50 at Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I was hoping it was an off contract price. If it was, I would pick one up just to play with, even though I'm a solid android user.. As it is now, there are better droids for that price.

freiheitner

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
I think there are few markets where a 28% year over year growth can be seen as disappointing. I also think many electronics makers would LOVE to sell 26 million units of a single product in one quarter. Sheesh!

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]so, With the contract, $1659.99 is half price of$1699.99? I can't stand advertising like this.[/citation]

Okay, so you are good at adding up the total cost of the phone with the monthly service costs for two years, what's your point? No matter what phone you have, the service plan cost will be the same.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]xanagu[/nom]icrap4 is shit now and in two year contract its only getting shittier[/citation]

And for people that would like to use the "iCrap4" that is their right and their money. You my friend are not being forced to buy this phone or any phone. I feel really bad for you... that you think all those people have to get authorization from you before they spend their hard earned money on something they want...

Let's make a deal when you go to the store, you buy what you want, and you let the other person buy what they want. Can you handle that? If not, I have a great doctor for you to see.

zloginet

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]And for people that would like to use the "iCrap4" that is their right and their money. You my friend are not being forced to buy this phone or any phone. I feel really bad for you... that you think all those people have to get authorization from you before they spend their hard earned money on something they want... Let's make a deal when you go to the store, you buy what you want, and you let the other person buy what they want. Can you handle that? If not, I have a great doctor for you to see.[/citation]

Sounds more like your the person in control....

bigmattwithagun

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
this is incredibly inaccurate reporting. the 1st week of may 2012, so approximately 14 weeks ago, my dad picked up an 8gb iphone 4 (not 4s, just a regular 4) for $49. thats when the price had dropped at best buy. why toms is saying it just dropped now, i have no idea.

i hate seeing this kind of misinformation - who checks facts around here?

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
My mother-in-law just got an iPhone 3 for $.99 on contract, now it's cut off from iOS 6, lol. Enjoy your paper weight. I just flashed my two year old Droid X with an ICS ROM and the thing works better than brand new.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ilysaml[/nom]What does "a 2-year contract" mean?[/citation]

It means that you get the phone for $50 but if you decide to cancel your cell phone plan or stop paying within the next 2 years (long after the phone is way outdated) you'll have to pay a huge penalty that more than makes up for the seemingly low price of the phone originally.

"The retailer is also offering refurbished versions for the same price..."
Anyone pick up on this line? WTF Who'd want a used phone that likely has less of a factory warranty on it for the cost of a new one? Nice work Best Buy.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Okay, so you are good at adding up the total cost of the phone with the monthly service costs for two years, what's your point? No matter what phone you have, the service plan cost will be the same.

Yeah but at least you can get a good smart phone. Not some trashy iCrap jail designed for morons who want to make believe that they are "techwise".

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
one can only wish this was a 49.99 without a contract, but in about a year it will be cause all those iphone fanatics will be throwing their money at the iphone 5 and be seling their iphone 4's on ebay.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]My mother-in-law just got an iPhone 3 for $.99 on contract, now it's cut off from iOS 6, lol. Enjoy your paper weight. I just flashed my two year old Droid X with an ICS ROM and the thing works better than brand new.[/citation]

So you are knocking Apple for not offering official support for an over 4 year old phone, but claiming your 2 year old phone that has already been dropped from support by its manufacturer is somehow better?

Status
Not open for further replies.