new ISP and WirelesROuter. Internet connection dies if I download

XStarsX

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014
Hi,
Today I just had my new ISP bring me home and mount the new 3g+ wireless router. Everything works ok the download speed is better and so is the upload, problem is that if I download something I can no longer do anything else like basic browsing. I get all kinds of connection error messages or connection not available. If I kill the download I can browse again. With the older router by wire I do not have this issue. I can download and even watch youtube but then the download speed drops but I can still use the other.
With this new connection/modem the download speed does not drop it stays at maximum all the time. So basically it assigns all available speed to one application while others have none left.

I have never encountered this problem and I do not even now where to search for an answer. Please help. I need my computer to split the connection automatically again depending on the number of downloads / applications that use the internet.

Router is Flybox 3g+ B662

Thank you.

XStarsX

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014

I am using utorrent. And yes I know utorrent can limit the download speed and that is fine but my computer does not do it automatically anymore. Like if I was downloading with 1MB/s through utorrent than I was starting to watch a youtube movie at the same time. The utorrent speed would drop to half while the youtube was loading. Now I can no longer even open the youtube page, or any other page, without manually limiting the speed and I do not know how to fix this. Thank you for your time.