Question New ISP, random internet fluctuations

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

I recently changed my ISP, early January I switched ISPs and since I've been facing a wierd issue with the connection, they have changed routers which has still not helped.

Here's the setup.

It is an optic fibre connection, my earlier connection was also the same, however, they brought an RJ 45 cable to the router and the optice fibre end was in a hub at my residence powering connections in the locatilty. However, the new ISP brought the cable to my room, and the cable goes to the router they've provided, my old TP link router in placed in the living room for better wifi coverage.

So, the issue is randomly sites refuse to load, has happened in various websites across devices, although more frequent on my desktop which is connected using LAN.

Below is a video of the issue, the internet connection at the time seems fine, I can load other websites on the same device or the website that wouldn't load can be accessed from a different device at the same time.

View: https://youtu.be/l6B2pRgPQk8

I at times have found my speedtest returning 200 Mbps for download while upload gets stuck at .03 mbps. would that have something to do with the issue? I've tried removing the old router, still the issue persists.

The router they've given is a nokia branded one, Google DNS hasn't helped. They've changed the DNS in the back end as well to avail.

Can someone help me. I am at loss, from the lookes of it so is the ISP, they say everything seems fine there.

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Another thing, when this happens if I leave it to load, it will eventually return to as new tab as if I never tried to load anything, if this happens on gogole home page when I hit search, the samepage will return with my sear typed in, not the results, if this helps at all.