new jpeg2000 format

I have been digitally archiving our old family pics (mostly slides) using a
scanner. I have recently been experimenting with the new jpeg 2000 format
which is quite exiting. the problem I am having is when I save an image in
jpeg2k I can't seem to open it in any common applications such as IE6 etc. I
haven't tested whether in fact it can be opened in a home DVD player or not.
in general it is quite amazing, allowing me to scrunch an 8 MB file down to
1 MB without any quality loss, however if it can't be recognized by other
common applications then what's the point? does anyone out there know
anything more about getting windows/browsers to recognize and open these
files? it's of particular importance when it comes to making prints from my
photo printer.

Bob

Alan

Irfanview, <http://www.irfanview.com/> can display and print jpeg2000.