New JVC 46-inch 3D Monitor Costs $7,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
umm... pass?

3d games and movies are far off, i think they're trying to rush this onto the consumers. im still waiting for oled, even though i expect alot cheaper models to be released in the near future

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]umm... pass?3d games and movies are far off, i think they're trying to rush this onto the consumers. im still waiting for oled, even though i expect alot cheaper models to be released in the near future[/citation]

Your kinda dum, he specifically said, not for consumers. and your saying they are trying to rush it into consumers. This is for medical purposes, like surgery.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Technology like this will only become commercially succesful when you don't need an accessory for every person partaking in the viewing. Once you talk about putting on special glasses or wearing special jackets it automatically because I niche item.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Actually I wouldn't mind wearing glasses, I put sun glasses on and I really don't think I'm all that special. The jackets won't work though, agreed on that part.

thepinkpanther

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
only comes with 2 glasses?!? i paid around $12 each for "Monsters vs Aliens 3D" , "Bloody 3D Valentine", and "Caroline 3D" i got 3D glasses for each. I dont think 3D glasses are expensive, for $7000 they should leastwise throw in 10!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]outacontrolpimp[/nom]Your kinda dum, he specifically said, not for consumers. and your saying they are trying to rush it into consumers. This is for medical purposes, like surgery.[/citation]

lol i suppose i deserve that, but that doesn't exclude the fact that there are 3d monitors available for sale for gaming purposes... It does seem to becoming mainstream, but again, it feels like they're trying to push it into the market, with tv's and monitor's being "3d ready", including mitsubishi's laservue, which is geared toward consumers, and not surgeons. it IS in the same price region though

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Niva[/nom]Actually I wouldn't mind wearing glasses, I put sun glasses on and I really don't think I'm all that special.[/citation]
What about inviting a large group of people over? That would be the biggest hassle. Single person use wouldn't be my issue either.

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Really Mr. Parrish, WTF is up with the double headers?

DO you copy and paste with CTRL and V for too long and forget or something?

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]lol i suppose i deserve that, but that doesn't exclude the fact that there are 3d monitors available for sale for gaming purposes... It does seem to becoming mainstream, but again, it feels like they're trying to push it into the market, with tv's and monitor's being "3d ready", including mitsubishi's laservue, which is geared toward consumers, and not surgeons. it IS in the same price region though[/citation]

HAHA, well nice reply, you didnt flame me, just means your pretty mature to realize your mistake, but everyone does make mistakes. I see your point tho, but everything for medical purposes is more exspensive, its not a very big audience so they have to raise the price. They cant profit off of selling 400 tv's, all the research for the product costs alot, they have those video cards for $1500 that dont run game, but they dont sell very much of them.

G

I was just at a Digital Signage conference... LG is going to have a 3d tv that does not require glasses....

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]outacontrolpimp[/nom]HAHA, well nice reply, you didnt flame me, just means your pretty mature to realize your mistake, but everyone does make mistakes. I see your point tho, but everything for medical purposes is more exspensive, its not a very big audience so they have to raise the price. They cant profit off of selling 400 tv's, all the research for the product costs alot, they have those video cards for $1500 that dont run game, but they dont sell very much of them.[/citation]
lol if you have a good reason to call me names, and i can see that good reason, ill gladly take it. you were right lol, but i didnt even read the second paragraph when i wrote that comment, so yeah that was pretty dumb

and its not even about raising the price for those monitors geared for that demographic, those are quality monitors, probably designed with more care than regular monitors. i heard those graphics cards come with outstanding support though, that;s what your really paying for. they probably don't make much profit from these products any more than they do from the cheaper ones. can't exclude the price to pay the workers that made the product either, they need to eat!

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
[citation][nom]JumpKickJoe[/nom]Really Mr. Parrish, WTF is up with the double headers?DO you copy and paste with CTRL and V for too long and forget or something?[/citation]
to his credit, this one is a little different in the second title...

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]JumpKickJoe[/nom]Really Mr. Parrish, WTF is up with the double headers?DO you copy and paste with CTRL and V for too long and forget or something?[/citation]

Whenever i read the first header, i expect something more interesting to be in the second one.. only to find out i just wasted 5 seconds of my life and continue on being fooled on the same thing over and over!!!

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
um ultra sweet gaming rig that can divide by zero TWICE, or monitor that i need to look stupid to use and cant really use right now. i think ill take the first one.

Rancifer7

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I vote glasses only if they come with brain sensors to control my movement speed and give telescopic vision as well as 3D.

Then they would be acceptable for wear.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
[citation][nom]StupidRabbit[/nom]Whenever i read the first header, i expect something more interesting to be in the second one.. only to find out i just wasted 5 seconds of my life and continue on being fooled on the same thing over and over!!![/citation]

ditto
WTF

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Unfortunately I have one bad eye and the 3d effect will always be distorted. Someone needs to find a way to help astigmatism or I'll never be able to enjoy the future of A/V.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
JVC is set to showcase its new 46-inch 3D monitor next week at the NAB show, however the device isn't necessarily geared towards the mainstream consumer... especially at their wallets.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]JVC is set to showcase its new 46-inch 3D monitor next week at the NAB show, however the device isn't necessarily geared towards the mainstream consumer... especially at their wallets.[/citation]
JVC is set to showcase its new 46-inch 3D monitor next week at the NAB show, however the device isn't necessarily geared towards the mainstream consumer... especially at their wallets.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
In case anyone missed the summary:

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009

haha kinda annoying tho.. is that a bug??.. or is it some kind of a new hypnosis tool to control our mind... like saying the same thing a few time so we it burns a scar in our memory.. still.. annoying...

G

The technology seems rather simple to me. What JVC must have done is used a polarization filter strip over every other scanline.
Every even line eg: the scanline would be overlayered with a horizontal angled polarization filter
Every uneven line the scanline would be overlayered with a polarization filter strip, that has an angled polarization inside.

Then by using glasses where one glass has a horizontal focused polarization filter, and the other glass has the same glass but angled at an angle, you'd see an image appear.
This way you could see every uneven line through eg: the left glass, while seeing every even line just as a black line.
And every even line you'd see through the right glass while every uneven line appears as a black line.

From far (+3 foot) you would not notice the scanlines.

I guess the price is that expensive because they needed to use a TV that has more scanlines than a regular 1080p HDTV if they want to give a full 1080p HD experience. In fact, the screen should have 1920x2160 lines in order to give a true 1080 experience.

I doubt this is the case. I think JVC used a regular 1920x1080 LCD screen and says it displays 1080p image. That would result in 1920x540 pixels image quality, since every other line goes to the other eye.
If that would be so, it would have been better if JVC used vertical scanlines instead of horizontal ones.
That way you could have a resolution of 960x1080, and have a much better image quality, but that would probably also raised the cost!

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I read an article comment once about 3D tvs and I agree with it. Until they can make a 3D tv without having to put on special glasses, it probably won't catch on.

Well, that and the pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.