Question New keyboard recommendations ?

May 13, 2022
Hi,

As my Logitech G513 lifespan is coming to an end I have a hard time on deciding what keyboard (or more specific - with what kind of a switches) should I buy next. The main problem for me is that I totally love the clicky feeling of keyboards with Blue and similar switches but I know these ones are not the best option for games.
When it comes to games that i play it would be about 50% of MMOs (mostly WoW where I spam buttons a lot, mainly mythic raiding and doing high difficulty dungeons), 25% some single player RPGs, 20% FPS (nothing competetive here) and the last 5% would be some strategies or RTS.
Besides that I wrtie a lot on chats and sometimes I use my keyboard to work on.

I've checked a Corsair K100 already on a shop display (I'm not sure which switches it had) and it felt awful to me. Switches were too smooth and buttons too loose but as it was a display one I suppose it could be damaged or so.

My G513 has tactile switches and I'm ok with them, they are just not something that I would describe as perfect.

Are there any versions of Blue switches with better actuation and reset points than a standard ones, which would fit for MMO games?
I was thinking about Razer Huntsman V2 with purple switches but I didn't have a chance to test it.
Or should I stay with tactile switches if I don't like linear?

Hi,

As my Logitech G513 lifespan is coming to an end I have a hard time on deciding what keyboard (or more specific - with what kind of a switches) should I buy next. The main problem for me is that I totally love the clicky feeling of keyboards with Blue and similar switches but I know these ones are not the best option for games.
When it comes to games that i play it would be about 50% of MMOs (mostly WoW where I spam buttons a lot, mainly mythic raiding and doing high difficulty dungeons), 25% some single player RPGs, 20% FPS (nothing competetive here) and the last 5% would be some strategies or RTS.
Besides that I wrtie a lot on chats and sometimes I use my keyboard to work on.

I've checked a Corsair K100 already on a shop display (I'm not sure which switches it had) and it felt awful to me. Switches were too smooth and buttons too loose but as it was a display one I suppose it could be damaged or so.

My G513 has tactile switches and I'm ok with them, they are just not something that I would describe as perfect.

Are there any versions of Blue switches with better actuation and reset points than a standard ones, which would fit for MMO games?
I was thinking about Razer Huntsman V2 with purple switches but I didn't have a chance to test it.
Or should I stay with tactile switches if I don't like linear?
I have a Logitech G610 that I like a lot. It has the Cherry MX Red switches. Doesn't have the "clicky key switch option" but considering more often than not I am using it for typing that isn't bad. However, for gaming it is still really nice.

Keyboards are pretty much 100% personal preference, if you have a BestBuy in your area, they tend to have a decent number of keyboards on display to try out.

I really like the Yellow switch from Gateron but you won't find them in standard keyboards you can find in a store. They are similar to the Red ones but with a firmer and smoother feel. For fast gaming the Silver Speed switches are good, short travel, fast response.

Don't know of any clicky switches that have a shorter activation point than the standard ones which seems is what you are looking for.

TRENDING THREADS