Question New lappy with 8th Generation i7

ped078

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
Hi, got a new (to me) lappy with, and I paste , 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 8550U 1.80GHz with Turbo Boost Of 4.0Ghz

Now, how do I get it to "Turbo boost" ? Is there an app where I can switch it to Turbo if I feel the need for speed?

It's a LENOVO Ideapad 320s-14IKB

Thanks guys.

Jarod S.

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Hi, got a new (to me) lappy with, and I paste , 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 8550U 1.80GHz with Turbo Boost Of 4.0Ghz

Now, how do I get it to "Turbo boost" ? Is there an app where I can switch it to Turbo if I feel the need for speed?

It's a LENOVO Ideapad 320s-14IKB

Thanks guys.
Download QuickCPU

when downloading quick CPU download the older version 3.1.6.0 trust me on that

in QuickCPU at the top left there is a tab called options click on it and near the bottom there is and setting to start it on windows startup enable it

top right there is a tab called advanced CPU settings enable turbo mode than click apply on app start under turbo

after that in advanced CPU settings go to the tab speed shift in there click enabled, apply for all CPU cores, apply speed shift on app start, lastly in the middle of the page it says monitor and enforce my Speed Shift settings make sure these are enabled

now in the Speed Shift tab for minimum allowed performance make sure it's at 0.80 GHz
for maximum allowed performance put 4.00 GHz
for desired performance put it at 0 don't worry 0 means auto
for energy performance put it at 110
this is for thermal performance plez do this or it will be very hot.

also, I have upgraded my laptop I used to use my 2Tb 5400 RPM HDD as my boot drive cuz it came like that. I went to a 500Gb M.2 NVMe SSD and I use my HDD as storage for games and I have to say it sped up my laptop faster than anything. So I'd recommend getting either a 1Tb SATA SSD or keep your HDD and get a M.2 if you have a free M.2 port. Do as I said and you will love your laptop and plez get a 2x8Gb 16Gb kit of laptop ram it will be better

TRENDING THREADS