Question New laptop ($1000 - $1100) - Casual PC gamer

Apr 25, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in buying a new laptop and would like some help as I'm not very tech savvy. I answered the requested questions about the new laptop. I'm quite fond of Asus hardware. I just want to play a few games, I'm not looking to max the graphics but something halfway decent would be nice. If you need more info please let me know. Thanks for your help.

1. What is your budget? My budget is $1000 - $1100.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Screen size: 14” and higher.

3. What screen resolution do you want? Resolution: 1600 x 1200 (Ideal).

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I need a desktop replacement laptop.

5. How much battery life do you need? Battery life is not a concern.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)? Mostly first person shooter games, medium graphics. E.g. Call of duty, Battlefield 5, PUBG - and Minecraft.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.), No other strenuous applications, I'll just be using Microsoft office, browsing the web, etc

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I am happy with 500 gigabytes hard drive space.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I am not very comfortable buying online, I would prefer to walk into a store. However if you have a reliable website that can deliver to Thailand I would be happy to consider it. There are 2 in Thailand I would consider.
https://www.powerbuy.co.th/
https://shopee.co.th/

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? I would like to keep the laptop for at least 3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer, Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I don’t need an optical drive of any kind.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I exclusively buy Asus products now. I have always had good experiences with their quality and performance. They seem to be the best price to performance/durability. However I am willing to consider other brands.

13. What country do you live in? I live in Thailand

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I take my laptop to and fro work every day. The bulk of my laptop use is personal/home and I connect it to a 24" screen at home. I don't care about the weight, or compactness. I would like a good balance between performance, durability and price.

Thanks for your help.