New Laptop Battery Help

unknown101

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I ordered a new laptop battery, which is due to arrive tomorrow.
My current one does not hold any charge.
How can I make it last as long as possible?
How should I use it e.g. When it arrives should I fully charge it before using it
Do I have to wait for all of the battery to run out before i charge it, or can i keep it plugged in sometimes
Please help me out here, and give me some tips
Thanks in advance
:)

Solution
The new tech li-ion batteries are not like the old nicads in that they do not develop a "memory". However, they are sensative to trickle charging sometimes as the automatic limiter circuit built into the battery may or may not work as intended. I have a six year old dell laptop and the best thing I've found is to discharge the battery completely once every 3 or 4 months, and NEVER leave it on the wall wart unless you are using it. Once it charges, if you are not going to be using it, disconnect it from the charger.

Mark
The new tech li-ion batteries are not like the old nicads in that they do not develop a "memory". However, they are sensative to trickle charging sometimes as the automatic limiter circuit built into the battery may or may not work as intended. I have a six year old dell laptop and the best thing I've found is to discharge the battery completely once every 3 or 4 months, and NEVER leave it on the wall wart unless you are using it. Once it charges, if you are not going to be using it, disconnect it from the charger.

Mark

Solution