Question New Laptop Benchmarks Significantly Lower Than Average

Jan 5, 2022
Hello all,

Like the title says, just got a new laptop for my wife, and using 3D mark TimeSpy I'm scoring around 1,000 less than average for this hardware. I'm scoring around 7400 while the average is around 8400. I've messed around with the fan curve, all drivers are updated, and even when I overclock the 3060 by +150 clock and +120 memory I'm still at around 7700.

Link to results

i7-11800H
RTX 3060
32 gigs ram at 3200
500gig and 1TB SSDs

What can cause brand new hardware to be so much lower than average? Is it just luck of the draw or is there something else I can try? PC is set for "best performance" as well. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Often times, a BIOS update might be pending or you have an OS update pending or you have a number of app's running in the background that might be draining resources or that your drivers need a reinstall or that the OS might have a memory leak(if you're on Windows 10). So the possibilities are numerous. What OS version are you on? Got any BIOS updates pending? Download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site and use DDU to rid your platform off of all (GPU)drivers, then manually reinstall said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jan 5, 2022
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've updated everything I can and followed your advice for the graphics card drivers. Also, there was a second "Performance" setting in the Clevo control center that I turned on, and the Time Spy score jumped up to 8500. Thanks again for helping out!