New laptop but no idea what to buy

PCPRO

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Alright guys so I have a small problem. As of next week I will be going to college (Germany) and Il be needing a laptop. Up until today I have had a desktop pc. To be honest Ive had really bad experience with my old pc (mainly performance issues) and I don't want to face that again with my new laptop. I'm planning to buy an
Acer Aspire E5-575-56HM
But ive read a lot of article online where people have said that Acer is a cheap quality and that people should keep their hands away from it so I just wanted a few opinions from you guys. Is it really about the brand or more about the specs? I find the specs of this computer to be really good to be honest. Especially for the price I'm buying it at (679 euro). So please give me some advice
Here is the link of the laptop I want:
https://www.alternate.de/Acer/Aspire-E5-575-56HM-Notebook/html/product/1281193?tk=8&lk=18172

Solution
Since prices vary quite a bit from area to area, it's tough to pick a specific product. Acer is on the lower end of reliability, but they do have good specs for the price. Really any modern laptop in your price range will be fast enough, especially if you don't need it for gaming. Look for something with a solid state drive also. Lenovo, ASUS and Dell are probably the top 3 mainstream laptop vendors you want to look at, HP, Acer, Toshiba would be a tier behind them in reliability.
Since prices vary quite a bit from area to area, it's tough to pick a specific product. Acer is on the lower end of reliability, but they do have good specs for the price. Really any modern laptop in your price range will be fast enough, especially if you don't need it for gaming. Look for something with a solid state drive also. Lenovo, ASUS and Dell are probably the top 3 mainstream laptop vendors you want to look at, HP, Acer, Toshiba would be a tier behind them in reliability.

Solution