[SOLVED] New laptop for work and gaming, need advise.

Jan 21, 2021
Dear members,

I like to buy a new laptop, and I'm wondering what are the specs I should get

Purpose of laptop : For my occasional work-trip that last 1-2 weeks. During such trip, I like to play some games too. (Normally I use my desktop for gaming and work).

App usage : Microsoft office, and light multimedia works. To be able to play Call of Duty Cold War at low settings.

Battery life : Prefer long

Laptop size : Light and thin

Laptop features : Doesn't need to be fancy , 2-in-1, foldable. They are optional

Dilemma : I did some research and it seems laptop with good GPU aren't meant for long battery life, and they are bulky. Likewise, light and long battery life laptop can't use for heavier games like COD Cold war.

Question : I don't mind playing the game at low setting, as long it is smooth. May I know does integrated graphic card able to draw memory from my RAM to do the job, as I'm planning to get a laptop at 16GB with a good processor (Ryzen 4700u, i7 1065G7, i5 10300h etc).

Also finding a laptop is abit confusing as each model has different pro and cons like its battery life, heating issue etc. May I know what model fits my criteria?

As for the budget, I managed to get the following spec at USD950 (After convert from my currency)
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 (Official store)
PSU : AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U
RAM : 16GB DDR4
SSD: 512GB
Integrated graphics, 13.3" FHD(1920x1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300nits Non-Touch
6 Cell Li-Polymer Internal Battery, 48Wh

Please advise, thanks.

Solution
Dear members,

Purpose of laptop : For my occasional work-trip that last 1-2 weeks. During such trip, I like to play some games too. (Normally I use my desktop for gaming and work).

App usage : Microsoft office, and light multimedia works. To be able to play Call of Duty Cold War at low settings.

Laptop features : Doesn't need to be fancy , 2-in-1, foldable. They are optional

Dilemma : I did some research and it seems laptop with good GPU aren't meant for long battery life, and they are bulky. Likewise, light and long battery life laptop can't use for...
Dear members,

Dilemma : I did some research and it seems laptop with good GPU aren't meant for long battery life, and they are bulky. Likewise, light and long battery life laptop can't use for heavier games like COD Cold war.

Question : I don't mind playing the game at low setting, as long it is smooth. May I know does integrated graphic card able to draw memory from my RAM to do the job, as I'm planning to get a laptop at 16GB with a good processor (Ryzen 4700u, i7 1065G7, i5 10300h etc).

Also finding a laptop is abit confusing as each model has different pro and cons like its battery life, heating issue etc. May I know what model fits my criteria?

As for the budget, I managed to get the following spec at USD950 (After convert from my currency)

Please advise, thanks.
Dear members,

Please advise, thanks.
Hello there
Check this
View: https://youtu.be/ta3yTeT0Pag

Reactions: registersano
Solution