Question New laptop keeps BSOD-ing

Mar 25, 2022
Hello,

I purchased a Dell G15 laptop and a few months into using the laptop it BSOD with the error code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". Dell customer support told me to reset the bios and that fixed it temporarily but now a few times a day it will crash in the same manner and i will have to reset the bios. This is especially frequent when the laptop is not plugged in rendering it unusable. Hardware scares say that there is nothing wrong with the laptop so dell has told me there is some sort of software issue, potentially a driver related one. However i recently partitioned my drive and now i dual boot linux and the same behaviour is present on that drive and i don't know how that could work other than if there is a hardware issue. I will also mention that every now and then there is another error message in the BSOD something like: "POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I purchased a Dell G15 laptop and a few months into using the laptop it BSOD with the error code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". Dell customer support told me to reset the bios and that fixed it temporarily but now a few times a day it will crash in the same manner and i will have to reset the bios. This is especially frequent when the laptop is not plugged in rendering it unusable. Hardware scares say that there is nothing wrong with the laptop so dell has told me there is some sort of software issue, potentially a driver related one. However i recently partitioned my drive and now i dual boot linux and the same behaviour is present on that drive and i don't know how that could work other than if there is a hardware issue. I will also mention that every now and then there is another error message in the BSOD something like: "POWER WATCHDOG TIMEOUT".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the dell site and run their driver finder tool.
See what it says.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if the driver updater doesn't fix the WHEA error and its a new laptop, I would take it to Dell and ask them to replace/fix laptop as it could be hardware.

if it happens on linux as well, it probably is hardware.

BIOS update might fix.

2nd error can be drivers.