Question New Laptop, might be over loading?

peraltag57

Prominent
Jan 2, 2019
Hello. My sister just got a new laptop, the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1, which has a i7-8565U CPU, 16 Gbs of RAM, and a mx150 graphics card. She started it up today. I noticed that the fans were really going at it, so i check the task manager and the CPU is always trying very hard. I don't think we are doing anything intensive, just the basics. Downloading things for the new laptop. I turned off most things in privacy settings and its not on power saver mode. It is on best performance power setting. Right now, the CPU usage is about 60 percent, even though it is just downloading something right now. Also, i noticed the system is using a good amount of the CPU, around 20 percent. Is this normal for the 8th gen CPU's? Or is it just like this because it is new and will get better after a couple days? If not, could anyone help me solve this issue, or is it a defective laptop? Thank you. Oh, sorry, i think it is actually around 40 percent usage without the game client running, but i still feel like that is a bit much.

peraltag57

Prominent
Jan 2, 2019

Thank you for trying to help. I think i overreacted? But if it turns out that I was right, I will come back here. Thanks again!