Jun 9, 2021
I am looking for a replacement for my age-old Dell Latitude E6410. A laptop that can handle CAD and medium stress games, under $900 to $1000

My current laptop (2011 Dell Latitude E6410) is just slow, it has 4 gigs of DDR3 1066MHz RAM, and a 250GB Seagate HDD, along with an Intel Core-i7 M640 CPU, clocking in at 2.80GHz base.
I want an upgrade now, and I'm preferably looking at the now-popular Ryzen 5 processor along with 3200MHz RAM. Any help would be highly appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Your budget is off, with respect to your location, monetary conversion odes bring about a reduction in funds, in which case you're advised to mention INR, as opposed to USD. The first three in this shortlist are suggestions but they aren't the latest and greatest units. I'm assuming you have 72,000INR at your disposal. Which is why I've cut off at the third one off that list. As for MSI, they aren't any better, if you consider the Omen being a sub brand, which the Omen is not. They are a series brought about after Dell's Alienware.

Lutfij

Titan
Your interpretation of medium games will vary from title to title and game dev to game dev, which is why we ask people to list the titles they want to play on a "gaming" laptop and/or the apps they want to tax the laptop with.

As for suggestions on laptops, we're going to need more information akin to what I've stated above, like that shown on this thread. Please following the stylizing and the community can chime in on suggestions.

Reactions: as.lokeeshwar
Jun 9, 2021
Your interpretation of medium games will vary from title to title and game dev to game dev, which is why we ask people to list the titles they want to play on a "gaming" laptop and/or the apps they want to tax the laptop with.

As for suggestions on laptops, we're going to need more information akin to what I've stated above, like that shown on this thread. Please following the stylizing and the community can chime in on suggestions.
Oh okay, thank you very much 👍

Jun 9, 2021
Well, I use a 2011 Dell Latitude E6410 now, and it is pretty frustrating to use. I am looking for a replacement, and here's all the info you might need to suggest some to me.

1. What is your budget?
-> My budget is around $900 to $1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-> I am looking for a 15.6in. laptop

3. What screen resolution do you want?
-> It should be a 1920x1080 FHD screen with preferably a 120-144hz refresh rate

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-> I need a portable gaming laptop

5. How much battery life do you need?
-> Preferably 4-5 hours, or more

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-> I plan to play: Forza Horizon 4 (medium to high); Poly Bridge 2 (High), Osu! (Medium to high) and more

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-> I plan to do video and photo editing, and CAD designing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-> I preferably want a 1TB HDD along with a boot SSD of any size

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-> www.amazon.in

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-> I plan to keep it as long as it will last

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer, Blu-ray ROM/Writer, Etc. ?
-> No optical drives please!

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-> I prefer ROG, Asus and MSI; I don't want recommendations for HP and their Omen sub-brand, I feel their build quality is a bit on the lower side as compared to the brands I have mentioned earlier.

13. What country do you live in?
-> India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-> I wish to upgrade my laptop in the future, so ample upgrade options is a key criterion for me. I also want an AMD processor, due to their lesser prices as compared to Intel laptops as far as I have seen.

Lutfij

Titan
Your budget is off, with respect to your location, monetary conversion odes bring about a reduction in funds, in which case you're advised to mention INR, as opposed to USD. The first three in this shortlist are suggestions but they aren't the latest and greatest units. I'm assuming you have 72,000INR at your disposal. Which is why I've cut off at the third one off that list. As for MSI, they aren't any better, if you consider the Omen being a sub brand, which the Omen is not. They are a series brought about after Dell's Alienware.

Reactions: as.lokeeshwar
Solution
Jun 9, 2021
thank you so much for your help, really made me clearer about my choices :)