New Laptop recommendation for statistics and 3D modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrost2055

Honorable
Apr 19, 2016
I am looking to replace my existing laptop for would designed for research needs, and education needs.
1. What is your budget? $2000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? semi-portable fullsized laptop

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Screensize around 1366X1024
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement, however that will be augmented if it is docked to a desktop.

5. How much battery life do you need?
7-8 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Statistics (MATLAB), AutoCAD 3D, Sketchup, Photoshop.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB, at least a third of that as SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. open but not Acer.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Not necessary

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Acers design is not very sturdy. Dell, Toshiba. Lenovo concerns me because of problems with the hinges failing.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Would like to be able to hook at least one additional monitor.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Solution
As you are a professional statistics user, you can try MSI Workstation--WS60. It is slim and light for you to take from home to wherever you want.
With the spec, it has the latest Core i7-6700HQ, Quadro M1000M, it is good enough for you to run any programme and statistics you mentioned.
Thought this is not labeled as a gaming laptop, it is also design for an entry game (I think... Lol)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AC40EWC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461174602&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=msi+ws60+246

Nikita79

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
As you are a professional statistics user, you can try MSI Workstation--WS60. It is slim and light for you to take from home to wherever you want.
With the spec, it has the latest Core i7-6700HQ, Quadro M1000M, it is good enough for you to run any programme and statistics you mentioned.
Thought this is not labeled as a gaming laptop, it is also design for an entry game (I think... Lol)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AC40EWC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461174602&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=msi+ws60+246

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.