Question New laptop, WIFI not working

Mar 28, 2020
So i recently bought the laptop ASUS tuf gaming FX505DV model, without windows, and manually installed it without any problems (Windows 10 PRO edition 64 bits). Turns out that after that, WIFI wasnt working AT ALL, not even showing the WIFI button at the internet symbol. I thought it was missing a drive or smth, so i quickly downloaded a drive from another computer and transfered over with a pendrive, installed, and nothing. After that I conected it via ethernet cable, and it was working fine, and for some reason, wifi got enabled too, so i switched to WIFI. I was checking some programs and installed ASUS AURA, which (DOnt know exactly if it was bc of it) was opening random cmd commands (that disappeared instantly) and got a bluescreen. After that, I turned on my laptop and wifi was gone. I unnistalled ASUS AURA to check if it was the problem, but it didnt seem like, so I restarted the pc again and WIFI was On, but now it says that I cant find any network wifi ( No wi-fi networks found ). I googled that to see if i could find any solution and the 4 I tried didnt work: Rollback the drive, it was the only version that the pc has had so it wasnt possible; Update it, was already updated so didnt work too; Unnistall it and restart pc, should automatically install it, didnt work as well, when I unnistall and restart it comes back but doesnt work as well; I cannot possibly find any solution whatsoever, Installed Driver Booster 7 to update drives, and it says the wireless LAN one is updated but has a symbol of unplugged on it...? Any help?
EDIT: After getting the first wifi signal, it got it again some hours after, but it wasnt showing the 5G this time, and wasnt connecting at all, b4 it disappeared again.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
So i recently bought the laptop ASUS tuf gaming FX505DV model, without windows, and manually installed it without any problems (Windows 10 PRO edition 64 bits). Turns out that after that, WIFI wasnt working AT ALL, not even showing the WIFI button at the internet symbol. I thought it was missing a drive or smth, so i quickly downloaded a drive from another computer and transfered over with a pendrive, installed, and nothing. After that I conected it via ethernet cable, and it was working fine, and for some reason, wifi got enabled too, so i switched to WIFI. I was checking some programs and installed ASUS AURA, which (DOnt know exactly if it was bc of it) was opening random cmd commands (that disappeared instantly) and got a bluescreen. After that, I turned on my laptop and wifi was gone. I unnistalled ASUS AURA to check if it was the problem, but it didnt seem like, so I restarted the pc again and WIFI was On, but now it says that I cant find any network wifi ( No wi-fi networks found ). I googled that to see if i could find any solution and the 4 I tried didnt work: Rollback the drive, it was the only version that the pc has had so it wasnt possible; Update it, was already updated so didnt work too; Unnistall it and restart pc, should automatically install it, didnt work as well, when I unnistall and restart it comes back but doesnt work as well; I cannot possibly find any solution whatsoever, Installed Driver Booster 7 to update drives, and it says the wireless LAN one is updated but has a symbol of unplugged on it...? Any help?
EDIT: After getting the first wifi signal, it got it again some hours after, but it wasnt showing the 5G this time, and wasnt connecting at all, b4 it disappeared again.
Have you contacted Asus? You may just need to return or RMA this.