Question New laptop with ryzen 3 3300u 60C idle temp , normal?

lastwood79

Reputable
Apr 16, 2018
i got brand new laptop HP 245 g7 with ryzen 3 3300u when i check the radeon software , it show the GPU/APU idle temp around 60-70C (avarage 62c) also the ssd temp 60C using crystaldiskinfo , is this normal for idle temp? i never have had experience with amd before , this is my first amd laptop should i worry about it?
do i need laptop stand for better air circulation? i dont gaming though also i kinda worry it will attract more dust inside the laptop if use laptop stand..i need advice whether should i buy laptop stand or not?

my room temp is about 30c and 28-29 at night

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
i got brand new laptop HP 245 g7 with ryzen 3 3300u when i check the radeon software , it show the GPU/APU idle temp around 60-70C (avarage 62c) also the ssd temp 60C using crystaldiskinfo , is this normal for idle temp? i never have had experience with amd before , this is my first amd laptop should i worry about it?
do i need laptop stand for better air circulation? i dont gaming though also i kinda worry it will attract more dust inside the laptop if use laptop stand..i need advice whether should i buy laptop stand or not?

my room temp is about 30c and 28-29 at night

thanks in advance
That sounds fairly high for idle, however looking at the laptop it is a thin model - my guess is they have tuned the fan profile to reduce noise. You can probably play around with the fan settings to reduce temps (at the cost of more noise), although 60 - 70C is perfectly safe for the cpu which is probably why HP have set it up like that.

Note this isn't anything to do with the AMD processor specifically, the temps / fan curves are down to the laptop manufacturer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS