Dec 29, 2018
Hey guys,
I just got an Alienware m15 laptop with an RTX 2060. I have downloaded a few games and have been trying the new PC out. I've noticed that in a few games I'm getting some disappointingly low frame rates, like in Subnautica in certain parts on high settings I would drop to 30ish for a few seconds. Or even on PC Building Sim with high settings, during certain times I'll drop to 30-40 range for a bit. I was wondering why this was happening, because certainly it can't be the system limiting it? I have no background tabs open or anything. Is there any configurations I need to make with a gaming laptop? When I click on battery it's on high performance and inside the Alienware Command Center I have the system set to performance too. Please let me know if there is anything I need to download/configure with a new laptop system. Thank you.

Dec 29, 2018
Anti-virus scans
programs in background
windows search index
Well the PC is new and shouldn’t have any viruses but I’ll check anyways. And like I said, there wasn’t anything in the background running. Also, do you really think windows search index would make my games run slower? I’m not too experienced so I don’t know, but it seems unrelated to me