Question New Laptop?

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015
Hi all, so i'm looking for a new family home pc. Nothing to fancy! A laptop for browsing the web, editing office documents and printing documents.

I would like something where i could still upgrade RAM & SSD space if needed in the future, I also need it to be portable.

Whats my best bet? Buying a new budget/mid range laptop. Or buying a used laptop a couple of years old what had good specs when it was released?

Depends on your budget. In the $800 range I'd buy a new ultra portable laptop. At $700 and under I'd buy a used laptop. As you could get a few years old premium grade laptop. It won't be much slower than a budget model. However, the build quality, screen quality and so forth will be vastly superior.

Something like a Lenovo Thinkpad T460s or T470s ($250 to $650 used on eBay). The T4XXs line is a high quality line. Generations denoted by 60, 70, 80 &c. The none s models are a step down in quality.

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015
Depends on your budget. In the $800 range I'd buy a new ultra portable laptop. At $700 and under I'd buy a used laptop. As you could get a few years old premium grade laptop. It won't be much slower than a budget model. However, the build quality, screen quality and so forth will be vastly superior.

Something like a Lenovo Thinkpad T460s or T470s ($250 to $650 used on eBay). The T4XXs line is a high quality line. Generations denoted by 60, 70, 80 &c. The none s models are a step down in quality.

Thanks for your info, i'm going to just keep scanning ebay until the right laptop shows up.