New Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectR

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
1_What is your budget? Max 700 Euro

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? between 13 and 15" screen, and I especially need a slim laptop. This means 2.2kgs or below.

3_What screen resolution do you want? Not sure - Good resolution though

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5_How much battery life do you need? at least 3-4 hours

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I don't really, but would like a laptop where I can, eventually, play some decent games at maybe medium settings.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watch a lot of HD movies and play music

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? anything above 250gb is fine

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. mediaworld.it, mrprice.it

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least 3 years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Rom + writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'd prefer toshiba, samsung or asus. Preferably avoid acer because apparently they don't last long and are made with bad quality materials. However, I can still accept an acer if it is good all around.

13_What country do you live in?
Italy

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Just for your information, I was about to purchase the samsung x520 before I was told about the 1.3ghz SU7300 processor being a low performance processor, so I decided to postpone the purchase. I was gutted, as I had checked the Intel website that put the SU7300 processor as a 5star processor.

Thanks for your help

ProjectR

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Thanks for your reply. I had a look around and can't seem to find a place that sells sager laptops unfortunately.

After days of browsing through tons of laptops it seems like I have to make a choice between size/portability and performance. I think I will have to go for performance as I don't want to be able to do more advanced stuff on it whenever I need to.

I was thinking maybe this:

http://www.misterprice.it/Shop/Product.asp?idsos=SOPCN415

I had found a good asus (k61lc), which was perfect apart from one thing that gutted me. No HDMI! So i had to start my search again...

ProjectR

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Hey thanks a lot for the advice. I had a look at the studio 15 and then went to MediaWorld (electronics store) to see if they had it. They had both that, and the studio xps 1340. I went for the second one, as it is actually what i was looking for in the first place! Good size and weight, with good processor/performances. Do you agree?

I'm working on it right now. Works very well!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.